Dumb Question.. U joints / Zerk fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here go's...i changed two u joints and the two have different size zerk fittings..i got rid of my grease gun a few years ago and should of kept it and see if it fits for both for grease.Do i need to swap out one zerk fitting to match the other or could i just fit the end and continue the job..i never had different size zurks before..planning to buy another grease gun

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it drive you nuts turning that greasy end doohickey tighter and looser? You already have to, anyway, this would just be more of it.

No not realy..was just thinking about putting the grease gun to the zurk and fill it and turn around and the other will not fit and go buy a match and finish the job but on the other hand i may have to fidget like you said..no big deal to do that..it may be ok..like i said i never had a mis-match before..im just used to pump the grease in and forget about it

I will be buying another grease gun and was just thinking of buying a zurk of the same size while im there..makes sence..two seconds to swap it out and done with

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
To save grief further down the road if this should ever be a problem again. I have grown really fond of this coupler for doing all my automotive, commercial truck, and property equipment. Substantially less gease waste and nice secure fitment to any size grease zerk. Holds on tight.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H7LP...tive&sr=1-1

Thank you, TiredTrucker. I just ordered mine. I've looked for years for a product like this and the reviews on it are fantastic!

Heh heh my only reservation is that I only paid about 15 1970 dollars for my Stewart grease gun. If the zerk wont take grease and it leaks, I take the zerk off and clear it by holding it it tight to the nozzle and clearing a zit . for lack of a better term, from the zerks and put it back on. For 29.95 I could eliminate that process? Hmmmmn

The LockNLube coupler is just that, a coupler and it does not help with a clogged grease fitting.

The clog is usually in the grease passages of the component and not in the fitting itself and I clean the component out the best I can with a pick after taking the zerk off. This has always worked for me and I have never had to buy one of the hammer operated decloggers.

I have a LockNLube coupler myself and it has its uses but clearing clogs is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back