Napa 5w20 5,000 miles, 2007 Ford Expedition 5.4L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my scanner is not working tonight, so I'll enter it all by hand.

2007 Ford Expedition, 5.4L, 104,965 miles on engine. 5,000 miles on oil.

Cu 5
Fe 8
Cr 1
Al 2
Pb 1
Sn 0
Si 11
Na 275
K 0
B 6
Mo 5
Ni 0
Ag 0
Ca 1651
Mg 40
Zn 723
P 608

Oil condition

ST 0
OXI 17
NIT 12
SUL 25
W Neg
A Neg
F Neg
V100 8.8
PQI 33

Sample was read by Carter CAT labs.
I sampled 10,000 miles ago and was told that the engine might have a small coolent leak or maybe the oils add pack was high in sodium. I changed oil brands to Napa blue bottle conventional and sampled after two changes. They didn't see signs of a leak so I'm guessing it was the previous oil's add pack.

The previous oil used was the one in question for it's add pack. I'll check tomorrow to see which numbers they were worried about and repost. The old oil was Wolf's head 5w20 syn blend.

Ok and I do not know what wolfs head add pack uses; I'll check on PQIA

Thank you for posting this UOA sir
smile.gif

PQIA really spanked Amalie Oil Co for their false and misleading label didn't they....

I checked the old report today and it was positive for Glycol and the sodium count was 342. My local Napa has sales on this conventional store branded oil regularly for $1.99 a quart. I 'll pick up some for my next change.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Where are the high wear numbers the thick oil guys are fearful of?

He actually used Napa 20W50,that's why his wear numbers are so low. He only said it was 5W20 to play a gag on us! :p

Haha just kidding
laugh.gif
I couldn't resist!

Yeah,that's an AWESOME uoa! Good ole Valvoline (clone)! Was this the conventional? My apologies if I missed it someplace in the thread.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: tig1
Where are the high wear numbers the thick oil guys are fearful of?

He actually used Napa 20W50,that's why his wear numbers are so low. He only said it was 5W20 to play a gag on us! :p

Haha just kidding
laugh.gif
I couldn't resist!

Yeah,that's an AWESOME uoa! Good ole Valvoline (clone)! Was this the conventional? My apologies if I missed it someplace in the thread.

Yes, conventional blue bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back