Crazy phone deal at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
4 of us on a Verizon family plan (in my name and all off contract), 3 smart phones & 1 slider. Yesterday my daughter dropped her 2 yr old Samsung S4 and even though no visible damage the screen went kaleidoscope. She saw some deals at Best Buy so off she and SIL went to check things out. Got a phone call that we can all upgrade to Samsung S6 or S6 Edge for $1 each if I re-up for 2 years, and Best Buy will give us each a $250 Best Buy gift card!

My daughter is pretty sharp with money and has been talking about going to pay-as-you-go on Verizon network but did the math and this is one of those deals you just don't pass up. I've been happy with my iPhone 5C but really don't have any brand preference. She walked out of Best Buy with 4 new phones for $4 and $1000 of gift cards and we re-upped the same plan for slightly less$/month. HO HO HO

3 gigs of data and yes I renewed the plan I was on ("installment plan") for 2 more years.

She walked out with 4 $250 gift cards in hand.

4 of us barely use 1 gig/month.

She's in SoCal and we're in Az so our new phones will be here in a couple of days.

Verizon has had some pretty good Android phone deals through outside vendors with their installment plans lately.

I too looked into this deal. Verizons pricing structure can be confusing. From what I understand, the thing to watch for is your line access fee. If you pay full retail or monthly for your phone, your line access fee is $20/mo for each smartphone. You do the 2yr contract price, you pay $40/mo line access fee per smartphone. So if you are outside of your last 2yr contract, you should be paying $20/mo line access for a smartphone. You upgrade using the 2yr contract price, your line access fee might jump to $40/mo for each smartphone.

I still rather do the 2 yr upgrade then and pay less at the end of the day. I did the math with the installment plan and 250 gift card and it still comes out a little more

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

The way the ad reads, you cannot get the phone for $1 AND get a $250 gift card on top of it. If you did get it, then it was most likely by someone's mistake.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The way the ad reads, you cannot get the phone for $1 AND get a $250 gift card on top of it. If you did get it, then it was most likely by someone's mistake.
smile.gif

She assures me she gave them $4 and walked out with 4 phones and 4 gift cards. At the end of the day the monthly bill will be a bit less than before for 2 years then it goes down a lot if we don't get new phones again. Funny thing is I didn't even know I needed a new phone. Kids
crazy.gif
Of course the deal gets better depending on how we spend the gift cards.

4 of us on a Verizon family plan (in my name and all off contract), 3 smart phones & 1 slider. Yesterday my daughter dropped her 2 yr old Samsung S4 and even though no visible damage the screen went kaleidoscope. She saw some deals at Best Buy so off she and SIL went to check things out. Got a phone call that we can all upgrade to Samsung S6 or S6 Edge for $1 each if I re-up for 2 years, and Best Buy will give us each a $250 Best Buy gift card!

My daughter is pretty sharp with money and has been talking about going to pay-as-you-go on Verizon network but did the math and this is one of those deals you just don't pass up. I've been happy with my iPhone 5C but really don't have any brand preference. She walked out of Best Buy with 4 new phones for $4 and $1000 of gift cards and we re-upped the same plan for slightly less$/month. HO HO HO

NOTHING is free if you can go to cricketwireless.com and get unlimited talk, text and data for your FOUR phones at a total payment cost of $100 a month, no taxes, no surcharges.

ATT owns Cricket and you are on the ATT network.
No shipping charges, no activation fees, NO overage charges. Nothing, in fact if you go the 4 phones, you get the fifth line free, again, $100 a month total, no [censored], no catches, NO CONTRACT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back