Advice on WIFES ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ram_man

I'm thinking very clearly I asked if she could talk to the prosecutor on the phone and talk to him before driving all that way and wasting courtroom time.

They don't want to do this. They want you to show them respect and show up for court. If you're unwilling to take a day off from work, it's not that important to you to win, they think.

They know by the time of the court date many will get busy, cool down, and just pay the fine. If the fine is about a day's wages, it works for them, often.

was she talking on cellphone also while she was overtaking the vehicle from the right side?
pls ask her? and then QUIETLY review her call history either on her phone discreetly or your phone providers detailed call hx.

why? it will lead you to understand is she is being honest with ya.

as for the ticket, GO TO COURT, sorry for shouting.

but before you go find out your options. you will probably plead out or they will plead you out.
But being 90 in 70, you will not probably get changed to defective xyz/non moving violation.

the judge will probably give her a break, ask her to SOB at every opportunity, courts love women who sob a lot.

good luck!

Some of you have no idea about being a partnership lol search her phone .....ect wow!
There isn't even a court date she has to call to get one it just says due in 30 days.........I just thought she could call and speak with the prosecutor in advance . I've heard of people doing just that before.
Some of you want to turn a mole hole into a mountain it's just a speeding ticket and a no passing violation it's wrong but to search her phone and sit her down and talk to her like a child isn't a proper way to treat your wife. Amazing if the people spouting this stuff are actually married.

Some of you have no idea about being a partnership lol search her phone .....ect wow! it's wrong but to search her phone and sit her down and talk to her like a child isn't a proper way to treat your wife.

This x 100

I've been in a court room "a few" times. I highly doubt you could talk to the prosecuter on the phone? It seems kinda silly you could think that. My best advice would be to get a top of line radar detector.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The cop didn't show her the radar? If she takes it to court,It'll get throw out.

Is that an actual Texas law? Or just something you heard?

Not totally sure. Childhood friend of mine is a Dallas police officer,he's the one who told me that.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
I've been in a court room "a few" times. I highly doubt you could talk to the prosecuter on the phone? It seems kinda silly you could think that. My best advice would be to get a top of line radar detector.

She has to call to get info anyway so tomorrow she is going to call the prosecutor and talk to him or leave a message she's also writing the police officer a letter. Who wants to bet I can at the very least get out of it with paying fines and no points assessed . What I'm shooting for is to waive the charge for the passing on the right she didn't actually break a law the cop said she cut the guy off she said she had a couple of car lengths and the car in the right lane she was passing sped up trying to not let her in. So I bet I can get that one reduced. She has a clean record so I think with me telling her what to say that we can atleast get it reduced. And what's the worst that can happen? They say no way..., it's worth a shot it can't hurt to try.

She has a clean record so I think with me telling her what to say that we can atleast get it reduced. And what's the worst that can happen? They say no way..., it's worth a shot it can't hurt to try.

Clean record! your best chance may be claiming a moment of poor judgement and ask for a PJC. With a clean record , she might get that.

Last edited:
90 in a 70 and passing on the right. Toss in breakdown lane use and someone in the left lane doing 10 under, and I would have thought she was in MA.

Dumb question, but do you have unmarked cars down there? Seems like, in order to get the passing on the right ticket, one would have to not notice being followed by a trooper.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Advice on WIFES ticket

If her driving skills are so poor that she manages to get two tickets in a single day, then the best advice is to take her car, keys and license away. She's not responsible enough to be behind the wheel and she is a hazard to the rest of the motoring public. At some point she will cause a serious accident if her habits don't change.

Perhaps going without a car for a month or two (or more) will teach her that her irresponsible, childish behavior behind the wheel has consequences.

You a displinarian in the family pops and plan on driving her about? Not a practical solution for adults.

We can hope she walks away driving more cautiously but I doubt it. Some folks are just wired to stay poor by their life decisions. Sounds like some really poor driving to get two violations. Remember a judge can get annoyed and make the fine or penalty worst if attitude is not great.

How will she be in court?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Put a dashcam in her car, and don't tell her. Edit her best "wow" moments and burn a DVD for your anniversary.

After my second "inflated" ticket, I put dashcams w/gps in both my cars.

Unfortunately, mama was pulled over recently and had the camera unplugged. Cop verbally claimed a higher speed than she was driving. However, he wrote a ticket for just 9 over, actually less than her true speed. So no complaints! She was speeding. She paid the ticket and took a driving school to eliminate points.

In any case, there have been many, many cases of GPS dash cam saving a person's bacon, if you will..

I'm thinking very clearly I asked if she could talk to the prosecutor on the phone and talk to him before driving all that way and wasting courtroom time.

They don't want to do this. They want you to show them respect and show up for court. If you're unwilling to take a day off from work, it's not that important to you to win, they think.

They know by the time of the court date many will get busy, cool down, and just pay the fine. If the fine is about a day's wages, it works for them, often.

Location is different. As I said, New York they actually have a form online and fill out so you don't waste their time in court. Or a simple call to the assistant district attorney.

Originally Posted By: Al
Some of you have no idea about being a partnership lol search her phone .....ect wow! it's wrong but to search her phone and sit her down and talk to her like a child isn't a proper way to treat your wife.

This x 100

Agreed.

But on the flip side, why is ram_man paying for the fines and doing all this work? His wife is not a child, should not be treated as one and she should be taking responsibility for this violation. This means either paying the ticket or going to court and trying to lessen the fine. But it sounds like she made some trouble and he now has to do the clean up. Doesn't sound like adult behavior on her part to me.

She's done some research to about it to. I'm just helping. She has to make the phone calls and do whatever she has to, to take care of it.

In my area, if you get a ticket for a moving violation it's usually worthwhile to go to traffic court, especially for those who are not habitual offenders. A few years back I spent half a day in traffic court, and it was interesting to see how it worked. The judge was quite lenient on those who had no prior offenses, or none in the last several years. In many cases, if found guilty they were sentenced to Probation Before Judgement and only had to pay court costs, so no fine or points assessed against their record. Sometimes they were found not guilty or had their cases dismissed. Those who had other recent traffic offenses tended to get hammered pretty bad.

My one and only day in traffic court was an eye opener. A couple dozen "offenders" were there. The prosecutor addressed the crowd and said they intended to use the full power of the court against anyone who was planning on taking their case to trial. And they added they would levy the strongest fines and punishment possible. She then said for those who didn't want to go to court to please stand up and shuffle to the side. Nearly everyone in the room got up immediately and moved away...me included. The hanging judge was in session...lol.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Put a dashcam in her car, and don't tell her. Edit her best "wow" moments and burn a DVD for your anniversary.

After my second "inflated" ticket, I put dashcams w/gps in both my cars.

Unfortunately, mama was pulled over recently and had the camera unplugged. Cop verbally claimed a higher speed than she was driving. However, he wrote a ticket for just 9 over, actually less than her true speed. So no complaints! She was speeding. She paid the ticket and took a driving school to eliminate points.

In any case, there have been many, many cases of GPS dash cam saving a person's bacon, if you will..

This is a common cop trick though (as well as negotiation). They inflate the first offer knowing that it's a bad offer; so you take the 2nd deal without a fuss and you feel you got a "deal" even though they know they probably had you for more.

If they started the negotiation with just the 9 over, you might have done the whole let me see your radar gun, when was it last calibrated, when was the calibration tool, last calibrated; when was the cops last course certification on speed estimation rigmarole.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
My one and only day in traffic court was an eye opener. A couple dozen "offenders" were there. The prosecutor addressed the crowd and said they intended to use the full power of the court against anyone who was planning on taking their case to trial. And they added they would levy the strongest fines and punishment possible. She then said for those who didn't want to go to court to please stand up and shuffle to the side. Nearly everyone in the room got up immediately and moved away...me included. The hanging judge was in session...lol.

this is a typical PA strategy, rattle you with threats, take a look at a cold blooded mob hit man, is he rattled by PA's fluff? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back