toyota oem and denso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I changed fuel filter on friends toyota Rav4 2.2 D4d.....

It was original one mounted in factory...and it had denso sticker on filter frame...

I buy all kinds of OE Denso parts from all over that are cheaper than the dealer. I just got a Toyota OE serpentine belt off Amazon. It was made by Bando. I get my oil filters from Amazon or Ebay. All are OE.

The Toyota OEM Denso oil filter I have (90915-YZZD1) and the Denso oil filters I have (150-1002) have several differences. The Denso filters have top and bottom caps and a silicone ADBV. The OEM filters made by Denso don't have those features. I have had the OEM filters for several years so things might have changed.

The aftermarket Denso filters are not the same as actual OEM. The denso 'direct replacement' filters I've purchased are IDENTICAL in every way to the cheapo pronto/pentius filters from rockauto.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
The aftermarket Denso filters are not the same as actual OEM. The denso 'direct replacement' filters I've purchased are IDENTICAL in every way to the cheapo pronto/pentius filters from rockauto.

Toyota branded air filters are identical to aftermarket Denso, except for the Toyota logo of course.

This is the air filters forum.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: KingCake

Toyota branded air filters are identical to aftermarket Denso, except for the Toyota logo of course.

This is the air filters forum.

Wrong.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I think they're talking about the air filters. At least, I hope they are, since this is the air filter subforum.
Yes sir, you're right. It is the air filter subforum. I must have had a senior moment there. Thanks. I only use the OEM air filters. Feliz Navidad. It will probably be a white Christmas for us as it snowed several inches this AM.

Well, we got nice and cold for Christmas. And be they air filters or oil filters, I wouldn't mind if the Denso branded stuff were much more readily available up here.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back