Fram Ultras no longer available at AAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is company wide or not, but the AAPs in my area just pulled all Ultras off the shelf and they are no longer a regular stock item.

Is Fram overhauling the line, or renaming it? I can't imagine Ultras would just go away at AAP, since they are a great seller with oil specials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, I bet they are replacing them with the Puro "Boss" filters.

Yes, they still have the OCODs.

Both of the AAP in town still have puros in the old dark blue boxes, so why worry...

There are reports of the new red classics in the field now, though none here. Blue and grey can't be too far behind.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
There are reports of the new red classics in the field now

Yes, we have the red Puros, now. They are quite different from the old Classics, not just a repaint.

Last edited:
http://www.pureoil.com/en/news-press/article/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=948&cHash=c18bbf9dfd1855cf464efc21bbc9d345

I had to Google Puro Boss so I thought I'd add the link for everyone else.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Not sure if this is company wide or not, but the AAPs in my area just pulled all Ultras off the shelf and they are no longer a regular stock item.

Is Fram overhauling the line, or renaming it? I can't imagine Ultras would just go away at AAP, since they are a great seller with oil specials.

Advance is replacing Ultra with the Purolator Boss. We are not sure why.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Recall implies defect. Is there an issue with the Ultra line?

This is NOT a product recall, Advance has decided to stop selling Ultra and replace it with the Purolator filter. If your unhappy about it, I suggest writing Advance HQ

Yes, we have the red Puros, now. They are quite different from the old Classics, not just a repaint.

Any non-marketing evidence of that? Because frankly I'm not sure I believe it.

Emailed Jay and his response is:

Advance is a Purolator house (meaning Purolator is their “main” brand). They are pulling out Ultra and replacing it with the new Purolator Boss filter.

Edit - he beat me to it. Guess I need to grab a few more Ultras from AAP with a code before they are gone.

Last edited:

Any non-marketing evidence of that? Because frankly I'm not sure I believe it.

The base plate and center tube are different, anyway. That's about all you could tell without cutting it open.

Originally Posted By: Fordai
My AAP has the Classic listed at $9.99 and the PureOne at 10.39 ... LOL

??? That is insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back