Removing light overspray from vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gallydif
Originally Posted By: Lapham3
If some polishing compound doesn't do it, I'd try some 1500 grade wet/dry paper-good luck

I tried 1500 wet the other day on my car for overspray and ended up scratching the paint. I'm going to just take it to my guy at the body shop to fix what I've already done before I F--k it up some more.

Went to the body shop. He hit it lightly with 3000 grit sandpaper wet. Then used rubbing compound- 3M 06085 to be exact. I'm amazed. Came out brand new. And now I know how to do it myself since I watched him do it.

And to get overspray off glass do NOT use sandpaper. Go over it lightly with a razor blade.

Quick and easy right. People make a big to do about this detailing thing, a good rotary buffer with compound and the skill to use it properly can make it like new quickly.

Ryan...might want to try something a lil stronger than blacklight...it didn't correct many defects(shine was nice) for me no matter what pad i tried. Just a heads up.

Last edited:
Hmm ok. What would be a good combo for removing some light swirls and stuff like that? On my motorcycle, I used Blacklight followed by jet seal. By hand, but shined it up nice. It's always garaged though.

We're in process of moving right now so vehicles have been neglected lately. Due for a couple full details soon. I'll get on Amazon and order some of the polish and maybe swirl remover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back