Second order in a row screwed up by Rock Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I want to change all the hoses on my Accent. But RA ships from different warehouses so this drives up the shipping cost. Too bad they don't have all the hoses at one warehouse. Even getting their discontinued or discounted items doesn't make up the difference.

That's been my only issue with RA, the shipping costs from different warehouses.

This is why I go to Partsgeek instead of Rockauto. Although Partsgeek has multiple warehouses, they don't have such crazy shipping prices.

Last time I went there, I got 2 yellow Bilstein struts for only a few dollars more than 2 Gabriel struts.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Shipping always kills the deal anytime I check RA for pricing.

It is always like $5-$10 for me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Shipping always kills the deal anytime I check RA for pricing.

I ship to my work and it's 30-40% cheaper sometimes. When I go to the next page to enter my credit card the price drops a few more bucks, beyond the zip-code estimator earlier in the process.

Amazon tightened up on the "free" shipping over the last year, adding the cost to the product. I used to kill 'em on brake rotors.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: supton
Takes time (and gas) to drive to a store... why not order?
It also takes time to find each part and place that order. It definitely takes more time to wait for that part to ship. When AAP carries almost all of the same parts, offer 20-40% discounts, and is usually right around the corner (in my case 15 minutes), why not drive? Never ordered from Rock and probably never will, considering they have NEVER beat AAP on any part I have needed on the 10 vehicles I maintain(ed).

If you live 15 minutes away, sure. I live 45 minutes away. I usually plan in advance when doing a job.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Why RockAuto for a piece of heater hose ?

I bought *ALL* of the hoses there, not just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back