Non Violent Protests In U.S.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
The protests on Michigan are designed to hurt the City of Chicago. The city where 10% of the police have 33% of the citizen complaints. Some officers have 50+ complaints and one joker has 79!! These are facts. The Mayor, States Attorney & Superintendent should all be ashamed of themselves.

Complaints from who, thugs? What's the matter, don't they like getting arrested after they've broken the law?

Last edited:
Complaints from who, thugs? What's the matter, don't they like getting arrested after they've broken the law? [/quote]

In this day and age, criminals, have rights too. Professional trained police should also be required to attend 1 year in a good law school. Maybe then they could incidents of "citizen complaints" would go down?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: grampi

You know that's not the way things are done in today's society...if you don't like the way something in society is, you protest until things get changed your way...

Unless you work for a living.

Well that leaves out most of these loser protesters.

Complaints from who, thugs? What's the matter, don't they like getting arrested after they've broken the law?

In this day and age, criminals, have rights too. Professional trained police should also be required to attend 1 year in a good law school. Maybe then they could incidents of "citizen complaints" would go down? [/quote]

Criminals made the grown up decision to break the law. Don't resist, take responsibility for their own actions, and face the consequences. If people under arrest do this they have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately people in custody often do not abide by this simple decent moral protocol.

Dave, and the city should take care of the 10% of Chicago police who violated peoples civil rights. Police who break the laws that they swore to protect are especially dangerous. They are suppose to be role models and held to a higher standard. Unless you live in urban cities like Baltimore, St. Louis, Miami, NYC, Detroit than you just won't get it.

^^^^ Maybe while they clean up the dirty cops the National Guard should clean up the cities of the low life scum bag thugs that infest the inner cities.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
They are stickng it to 'the man' by getting in the way of sales for Black Friday.

What if thse stores were selling 'Black Lives Matter' apparel ?

For the record: I shop at JC Penny and Kohl's.

Yes...how ridiculous. "The Man"....lol. I'd like to know how a Macy's or some other store has any relevance to the BLM movement nonsense. I can only assume that the stores that were effected from this protest employ black people? So....they weren't able to earn an income that day because they forced the stores to close.

I guess that aspect of black life doesn't matter then?

Haha and what these numbnuts don't realize is that they're biting the hand that feeds them (while they have their hands out of course). "The Man" is who pays and signs their welfare checks. Just goes to show how incredibly stupid they are!

Dave, and the city should take care of the 10% of Chicago police who violated peoples civil rights. Police who break the laws that they swore to protect are especially dangerous. They are suppose to be role models and held to a higher standard. Unless you live in urban cities like Baltimore, St. Louis, Miami, NYC, Detroit than you just won't get it.

So mob rule and anarchy in the streets is the solution?

The vast majority of police in Chicago are good people doing a tough job. And you don't have to live in large cities with huge urban areas to understand the importance of stamping out corruption. Nobody wants corrupt police.

The BLM needs to deal with this like intelligent adults....and follow the process.

It is good that this protest is peaceful. There is a horrible problem with abusive cops in this country.

It all started around 40 years ago. I still recall this cop. He said during the conversation that:

"...there are only two kinds of people in the world. Those who are cops, and those who aren't."

That one sentence tells you all you need to know about why these atrocities happen.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
It is good that this protest is peaceful. There is a horrible problem with abusive cops in this country.

It all started around 40 years ago. I still recall this cop. He said during the conversation that:

"...there are only two kinds of people in the world. Those who are cops, and those who aren't."

That one sentence tells you all you need to know about why these atrocities happen.

I am of the opinion that todays police are no worse than they were in the past. Like I've said, most police are great people doing an incredibly difficult job.
So why does it seem like we see more and more cops doing bad things?
Because we are SEEING it more. It does not equate that they are doing more bad things....it's the coverage and availability of phones/cameras that are present to record it. It's not a "horrible problem" anymore than it was thirty years ago.

Here is an intersection opinion published by Radley Balko that blogs for the Washington Post:

Myth: YouTube videos and cellphone footage prove that today’s cops are out of control.

Most criminologists believe that today’s police departments are more professional than ever before. Cops tend to get more training, and departments are guided by defined rules and procedures. Most decent-size police agencies have internal affairs departments, and a growing number of cities have installed citizen review boards.

That hardly means there are no problems in policing today, of course, or that these developments suffice to safeguard civil liberties. But it’s likely that the ubiquity of cellphone cameras and the diffusive power of social media are simply making us more aware of rule-breaking cops, rather than showing that there are more of them than before.

But even if there may be fewer rogue cops who abuse their authority and use force outside the bounds of department rules, it’s also true that, as a matter of policy, police use more force today than they have in the past. SWAT tactics, for example, are increasingly used for credit card fraud and other low-level offenses, administrative warrants, or even regulatory enforcement. Use-of-force training today puts less emphasis on conflict resolution and deescalation, if they are addressed at all. The problem isn’t cops breaking the rules — the rules themselves are the problem.

I have no problem with the non violent protesters. This is an issue that needs to be discussed and I believe it's a good thing to bring this to people's attention. The problem is the protests also attract people looking to cause trouble and property damage, not so much interested in addressing the issue of police/citizen relations.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I have no problem with the non violent protesters. This is an issue that needs to be discussed and I believe it's a good thing to bring this to people's attention. The problem is the protests also attract people looking to cause trouble and property damage, not so much interested in addressing the issue of police/citizen relations.

One might question where they protest. If the problem is with the police and prosecutors who took over a year to indict, protesting on the MI Ave is only going to irritate people who were not involved in the incident.

I certainly don't want police and prosecutors to support bad actors in their midst, but if I were out for with my family for the holidays and they were interfering with our day out, I wouldn't think very highly of them or their cause.

If they were in front of the precincts and prosecutors offices peacefully protesting, I'd be far more sympathetic and understanding.

I think what some protesters fail to grasp is make sure you are focused on the source of the problem. The family or group of friends shopping on Black Friday are probably not the source of your problem and probably should not be the target of your protest.

Probably turns more AGAINST the protestors than it does to gather support for the cause.

Yep 10's of thousands of cop contacts with civilians and 99.9999% go as intended. You would have worse outcomes going back and forth from your kitchen to the computer with a cup of coffee....as you criticise those that deal with the slime you defend.

You should really be out with these peaceful protesters and right all the problems that you perceive instead of armchairing these thoughts of fantacy at your computer.

Psychos like THAT are why ALL cops need body cameras. It needs to be Federally mandated, and disabling them in any way needs to be a felony. Yes, it's that simple.

I still dont get the abusive cop theory.

This is just like the Rock Auto thread.. People are more likely to share the bad experiences than the good.

From now on, Ill have to make a thread on every good experience I get from Rock Auto or the next time I see a cop stop along the highway to help someone with a tire.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
^^^^ Maybe while they clean up the dirty cops the National Guard should clean up the cities of the low life scum bag thugs that infest the inner cities.

But then there'd be complaints against the National Guard....from the thugs...

Jarlaxle Psychos like THAT are why ALL cops need body cameras. It needs to be Federally mandated said:
Naturally, the police unions all oppose to the body cams. Slowly but surely, change is coming to the various police departments throughout this country. Civil right attorneys and activists are helping make that change.

Civil right attorneys and activists are helping make that change.

^^^ now we're getting somewhere! ^^^

I find it funny that you are on your high horse about criminal rights yet you have stated the police officer needs to be found guilty.

IMO in this instance I have no problem shooting a man wielding a knife. The issue I see is the continual shooting once he is down and posses no threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back