Cordless impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will any of the Milwaukee M12 (12 volt) Fuel bust loose a lug nut tightened to 80 ft/lbs?

I've been used air types for 30 years, but it's tough to beat the convenience of the new cordless tools.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165
Will any of the Milwaukee M12 (12 volt) Fuel bust loose a lug nut tightened to 80 ft/lbs?

I've heard conflicting reports. The M12 3/8 impact has 117 lb-ft so it would be close.

They have the Ryobi impact gun for $49 on special at Home Depot, only good for up to 125 foot pounds of torque.

If you don't want to break the bank, then this Craftsman at Sears will do the job. $140.00 and torque up to 300 ft. lbs.

Either do the Craftsman or go broke with M18 Fuel or something similar for $400 plus; nothing in between is going to cut it. The Craftsman may NOT work on all the lug nuts that you come across but for the price, it is quite competent.

I really like my 1/2" drive snapon. Would work great for lug nuts. Kind of expensive for the sole purpose of taking wheels on and off though.

Also on the Milwauke set they have the M18 Fuel drill and impact driver for $399. If you go in store there is a $150 off any another cordless tool, batteries etc. So if you bought the $399 you could get the two extra battery pack for free/ another cordless tool free.

And the M18 dual pack for $199 is on sale for $149 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back