NGK Plugs for 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Denso factory installed plugs are not the same as listed in the FSM. The NGK website is still not up to date on a replacement.

Anyone know the correct NGK plug for the Hyundai 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T (turbo)?

The car is only two years old. How many miles do you have on it?

Even copper plugs should last 30k, which almost nobody uses anymore except Chrysler.

it seems your OE plugs are Denso Iridium. They should easily last at least 100k. Denso part number 3479 aka ZXU20HCR8.

The only alternative is Champion 9060.

More plugs will be available by the time you actually need to replace them
smile.gif

You'd think anything made in 2013 would still be under warranty.

Unless you have over 100k miles on that thing I'd leave it alone.

What's the issue you are experiencing?
How many miles?

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The car is only two years old. How many miles do you have on it?

Even copper plugs should last 30k, which almost nobody uses anymore except Chrysler.

it seems your OE plugs are Denso Iridium. They should easily last at least 100k. Denso part number 3479 aka ZXU20HCR8.

The only alternative is Champion 9060.

More plugs will be available by the time you actually need to replace them
smile.gif

It's 3 years old and has 41K. Owners manual specs these to be replaced at 45K. Guessing the GDI turbo is a factor. I would like to avoid any warranty problem. Plugs are easy to replace and relatively cheap.

I am aware of the Denso info you list but find it hard to believe NGK doesn't make an equivalent plug.

http://www.hsfmanual.com/normal_maintenance_schedule-1374.html

Last edited:
It seems the NGK 9723 is the correct plug - can anyone confirm?

Parts stores are not up to date on this application.

Thanks

Last edited:
My 2011 with the 3.5 v6 specs. 100,000 miles on the plugs.. I like the 3.5 it has a lot of power and does not use a drop of oil although it is very noisy during startup (all the 3.5 v6 engines sound like this) it runs very well

Originally Posted By: user52165
It seems the NGK 9723 is the correct plug - can anyone confirm?

Parts stores are not up to date on this application.

Thanks

I saw that when I googled the NGK part number, but it isn't listed on NGK's site.

What's wrong with Denso? Their plugs are excellent, on par with NGK. Stick with Denso until the warranty is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back