Ko-Ken tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of them. Don't own any of them. Supposedly excellent. Also, I thought for some reason that company only makes sockets and ratchets and adapters. Not anything else.

Flex extensions are the best in the world. Also, you may look at Nepros brand from Japan - work of art.

My only hesitation is that I havent been able to find anything about their warranty. Ill shoot Ko-Ken USA a call tomorrow.

Ko-Ken? I think they are just called Koken, they've been in NZ for about 50 years,have a lifetime warranty and are up they with all the major brands. I have some, but not a lot.

NZ was the first Englishs-speaking country Ko-Ken entered in 1957. At that time one had to make a trip to Europe or Japan to get a nice set of metric tools.

Over 160 items called 10mm socket in their catalog

They are actually listening, if a customer needs a custom tool, e.g. funny access area, odd length, etc - they will dispatch an engineer to you.

So more than 50 years here. I started my apprentiship in 1970, and one of mechanics the had a 1/2'' drive Koken set. Back in those days people were very dismissive of Japanese products, so he sang it's praises. He must've got it in the late '60's....bet he still has it.

Bought a Ko-ken "Attack Driver" (Tora! Tora!, and Banzai!) for 780NT which does seem to work better than the Thorsen one I already had here and has a nice quality feel to it, though it only came with 4 bits.

There were King Tony and Force sets at around 500 with more bits, but I decided I'd get the most expensive driver I could find and worry about bits later.

Good tools are nice, and in this case worth the cost, because it convinced me that impact drivers actually do work, which I'd never been sure of before, probably because I wasn't using them right, was using cheap ones, or both.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Ko-Ken? I think they are just called Koken,

Originally Posted By: Y_K
NZ was the first Englishs-speaking country Ko-Ken entered in 1957. At that time one had to make a trip to Europe or Japan to get a nice set of metric tools.

Over 160 items called 10mm socket in their catalog

They are actually listening, if a customer needs a custom tool, e.g. funny access area, odd length, etc - they will dispatch an engineer to you.

It is Ko-Ken. This link is actually a good read. I found it when I posted this thread, but forgot to bookmark it.

kougyou kenkyuusho translates to manufacturing research in Japanese

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
(aka KTC)

Anyone ever hear of these?

They are Japanese made.

KTC is a trademark of Kyoto Tool Co. They manufacture tools. You will often find Lexus and Toyota tool kits are marked with the KTC logo.
I have never seen Ko-ken Tool Co. shorten their name to KTC.

One of the links I originally found said KTC, which I assumed mean ko-ken tool company. A quick Google shows that I am wrong. Thank you for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back