2015 Chevy Cruze diesel Def use and Regens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at about 11400 kms have used 5.4 liters of DEF out of 17.0 liters and gone through a regen about every 1300 kms (Dealer told me how many regens I have gone through). That is assuming my DEF tank was topped up when I bought it.
I used alot less DEF than I thought and gone through fewer regens than I was expecting.

Cheers.

Originally Posted By: UrS4
DEF(urea/adblue) has nothing to do with the DPF and regen!

Nobody said it did.

Originally Posted By: UrS4
DEF(urea/adblue) has nothing to do with the DPF and regen!

No one said it did. However, they are both related to emissions.

This is about what my 2013 Passat uses in DEF. And they are saying that this is NOT nearly enough to react with the NOx. I susp[ect the Cruze diesel may be next on the list to have an emissions issue.

VW says it may have to more than double the consumption of the DEF to meet the emissions standards.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
This is about what my 2013 Passat uses in DEF. And they are saying that this is NOT nearly enough to react with the NOx. I susp[ect the Cruze diesel may be next on the list to have an emissions issue.

VW says it may have to more than double the consumption of the DEF to meet the emissions standards.

It's entirely possible the Cruze is using more EGR than the DEF VW engines do. That and other design factors will affect the amount of DEF needed to meet the standards, so just because one didn't meet them and another uses the same amount of DEF, it doesn't mean they also don't meet the standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back