lisle feeler gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought new set of feeler gauges Lisle brand, from rock auto. I was disappointed to see them marked china. I though the Lisle stuff was USA made.

Yeah the china junk would be okay if you got to pay a china price for them, instead of the inflated US price. So for a buck they would be ok.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The were, when they changed i don't know. I bought Craftsman and they are Made in USA and properly sized when checked with a micrometer.
Look at them first, who knows with Craftsman when those will be Chinese.

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-26-leaf-offset-gauge/p-00940802000P?TecPara=173_

Good advice, I was getting some strange results when setting valves on a Honda 750. A quick mike check revealed they were 2x thickness. Two layers of the same size were stuck together around the edge where they had gone through the stamping die together. Normally flexing them will separate the parts. These were voraciously bonded around the perimeter, I had a heck of a time getting them apart.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I was disappointed because i thought i was buying a USA made set.

I understand your concern, unfortunately list of "me to" companies is continuing to grow, and our once industrious nation is turning into a brown field. It's sad when I feel good about finding made in Mexico or Taiwan.

It sad the USA has turned into not much more than than a service economy.
The twisted dream of every kid being a college educated paper shuffler and the USA being a massive consumer of goods made by lower class workers in foreign countries has failed and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Your right it is sad when the product made in Taiwan or Mexico is the best one on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back