No smoking statements are dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments under the story really have me questioning human intelligence.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
folks are really wired these days...be careful what you say to strangers, you never know who is nuts.

The guy was charged with first degree murder, which supposes prior intent to kill.

If the incident went down exactly as implied in the story -- two strangers having a chance altercation -- the man would not likely have been charged with first degree.

I'm guessing there's more to the story than what's in that article, such as a prior relationship between the two participants in the altercation.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
folks are really wired these days...be careful what you say to strangers, you never know who is nuts.

The guy was charged with first degree murder, which supposes prior intent to kill.

If the incident went down exactly as implied in the story -- two strangers having a chance altercation -- the man would not likely have been charged with first degree.

I'm guessing there's more to the story than what's in that article, such as a prior relationship between the two participants in the altercation.
Or an attorney general with delusions of grander.

Is this what sucking on burning cigarettes can lead one to do? Most people that suck on burning cigarettes are pretty good about not smoking in inappropriate places but they're still litter bugs. People that would never toss a beer in the street while walking along will still flip a cigarette butt on the ground, again and again. I guess it's understandable considering what they're doing.

No. People with mental illness can be dangerous.

This guy walked into a business-a business that made it clear before he even entered that smoking wasn't allowed inside. He pulled out a stupid stick and lit it; the only reason he did so was to provoke a confrontation. Then when asked to refrain from puffing on the stupid stick, he pulled out a gun and decided to administer his own sick, twisted judgement against the waitress by shooting her in the head.

There is no doubt that he was a sick, twisted, evil person. That is what is dangerous, not "no smoking statements". To think otherwise is an affront to every decent person who walks into a restaurant and manages to act in a decent, respectful, civilized manner, including not smoking in areas where smoking is not allowed.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Some of the comments under the story really have me questioning human intelligence.

Every time I go for a drive in the big city I'm forced to question human intelligence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

No. People with mental illness can be dangerous.

You got it!

That guys looks like a psychopathic Chris Farley. He's definitely mental if someone asking him to not smoke in a No Smoking establishment goes into a rage and kills over it. Hope they lock him up for life.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

Walking out of the restaurant, going to his car to get the gun, coming back to the restaurant is the premeditation concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back