Brake pad recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local dealer says there is a 3 month wait for disc pads for my 2012 Grand Cherokee, so I'll buy my own, smuggle them in, and install them. No big deal.

But lots of options as to brands. Any suggestions or comments on the many brands available?

Was in the brake business for a very long time. Akebono, Aisn, Ferodo, Centric are the best in that order, everything else is 25-30k durabilty price point junk

Wagner severe duty. Have these on my ciera, they really seem to last. Only $25-30 on rock auto, you can probably get them on amazon as well.

I have Bendix, their ceramic is superb.

I have dirt cheap rotors, but the Bendix pads seem to lay down a nice protective coat on the rotor after a few months.

I don't know what it is, but these pads seem to be preventing my cheapo rotors from rusting.

After a good rainfall for one or 2 days, the rotors on the pad engagement area are rust free.

Must be part of the pad compound that is helping, but Bendix is a good choice, would buy them again.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3911538/Searchpage/2/Main/244597/Words/%22what+brake+pads%22/Search/true/What_brake_pads_do_you_pick?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back