What makes Motorcraft and Kendall oils so great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I think their lubes have a very good friction modification system..

Molakule, you're hilarious! You say its got a good FM, yet you have no evidence of this. Reminder: EVERY GF-5 oil like this one has FM systems.

Again, what specifically were you referring to in Kendall products that could possibly back up your statement? And can the attitude tiger. Just answer. Or admit you can't.

Originally Posted By: volk06
What profound statements did he make? That they have a good friction modification system? I don't see how that is profound?
Profound only in that it singles out Kendall and maybe other Con-Phil oil. Other oils pass the Seq VID as well using FM systems. For anybody to suggest this oil is special needs some evidence to back that up.

Molakule probably imploded emotionally because he has no facts at all to back up his claim.

If anybody makes blanket statements about products, hold them accountable for facts. Lots of people post on "hunches" about products that means nothing.

Originally Posted By: volk06
And to for your question, would the answer be the titanium additive?

No, Molakule went bananas
crazy2.gif
when I tried to guess he might be talking about titanium as being a helper for FM.

Last edited:
I have a Mercury Grand Marquis (4.6L V8) and I'm due for an oil change soon.

I usually get Castrol GTX (5w-20) but wonder if i should go with PYB or Kendall

Now, I know they're all good and I probably won't notice a difference in any of them, but I'd like to hear what other people have to say

Originally Posted By: DJapplecrisp

Now, I know they're all good and I probably won't notice a difference in any of them, but I'd like to hear what other people have to say

After certain posters have exceeded their carotid arterial pressure I would be glad to answer that.

It is difficult to find a bad oil these days from the majors'.

I would say that any of those three oils, in the proper viscosity, will work just fine for

Last edited:

It is difficult to find a really bad oil these days.

I would say that any of those three oils, in the proper viscosity, will work just fine for div>

Hey thanks!
smile.gif

Last edited:

After certain posters have exceeded their carotid arterial pressure I would be glad to answer that.

I would say that any of those three oils, in the proper viscosity, will work just fine for div>

I use 5W-20 Motorcraft blend in my 2014 Mustang GT. Since Motorcraft is made by the same company that makes Kendall and you say it's good up to 5,000 miles, should I be concerned that I'm going by the OLM and going over 5,000 mile changes with the Motorcraft blend?

Originally Posted By: wtd

I use 5W-20 Motorcraft blend in my 2014 Mustang GT. Since Motorcraft is made by the same company that makes Kendall and you say it's good up to 5,000 miles, should I be concerned that I'm going by the OLM and going over 5,000 mile changes with the Motorcraft blend?

No. Ford formulated the oil to be able to withstand 10K ocis. Now that doesn't mean that Motorcraft can go 10k in every vehicle but under normal conditions going over 5K ocis shouldn't be a problem. I run 7.5K OCIs on my focus with motorcraft. However, if you're driving that mustang GT like I would, I'd be changing the oil at 5K or less.

I drive the car fast but don't beat on it so I probably drive it more on the conservative side than most. Right now I have about 7,200 miles on this oil change and I have not added any oil and the oil still looks very clean on the dipstick. When I checked the other day, the OLM was at 29%.

March will be a year since it was last changed and I just put the car up for the winter so I doubt I add many miles to it if any until then.

I'm not going to worry about it. The owner's manual states to not exceed one year or 10,000 miles and to go by the OLM when changing oil so I think I'm good. Thanks for the reply.

Wayne

Given the cost on Orscheln sales and convenience of its location I would prefer to use Trop Artic also as I never experience any tapping upon start up with this oil but unfortunately it did a fairly poor job helping my consumption issue in my Dodge Grand Caravan. Of the conventional/syn blends without the HM additives PYB did the best job in curbing consumption in my vehicle.

Its unfortunate Trop Artic doesn't make a HM version of their oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back