I need a HOT Buffalo Wing recipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:
Don Prudhomme's
The recently passed Paul Prudhomme, perhaps?Don is a racing guy IIRC

DANG!...that's him. Paul, the BIG guy.

Then again, Don would probably like them as well and this being BITOG and all......

Baked...broiled....fried (pan or fryer)....barbecued....I think wings can be fantastic if cooked in any of those ways. I've spent some time in Buffalo, N.Y. (where they originated...Anchor Bar I think?), and had the real deal. Even in that city you'll find they are cooked a bit differently between the various establishments.

As several others have said, there are many boutique pepper sauces that will leave Habanero in the dust.

I know your lady friend likes it spicy, but personally, I think it's a waste of perfectly good chicken. All she's gonna taste is HOT. You might as well make your wings out of tofu.

Kidding aside, good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I always fry them in peanut oil and then finish them in the oven to remove the extra oil. I marinate in straight hot sauce and then after the oven toss them in a hotsauce butter mix. I like the lighthouse gorgonzola dressing for a dip too if people want that.

Baked Wings are killer but you need time - they need to be baked a minimum of two times.

First time on a rack at 275 for an hour to drain the fat off them.

Then baked again in a deep pan at about 350 in the BBQ sauce another hour turned a couple of times to make sure each side gets soaked in sauce.

I typically make my own sauce and spice it with varying amount of cayenne pepper flakes.

A dash of something like Daves insanity sauce will leave your victims heading for the milk.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Baked Wings are killer but you need time - they need to be baked a minimum of two times.

First time on a rack at 275 for an hour to drain the fat off them.

Then baked again in a deep pan at about 350 in the BBQ sauce another hour turned a couple of times to make sure each side gets soaked in sauce.

I typically make my own sauce and spice it with varying amount of cayenne pepper flakes.

A dash of something like Daves insanity sauce will leave your victims heading for the milk.

UD

That's kind of what I do now....including the cayenne flakes as well as the hottest pepper sauce I can find.
I'm telling you though....she likes it far hotter than you can imagine. So I really have to focus on the heat more than anything else or she just says..."they were ok".

My daughter made some last night, they were absolutely awesome, not being an Australian typical fare.
2/3 cup Siracha
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup butter
1-1/2 tablespoons Wocherstershire
Big dash of Tabasco Chippotle
half a cinamon stick, cooked into it.

Tasting, it was lacking, so added about a tablespoon of ketchup, to add a little sweet.

Broke down the wings, and put them in an egg carton in the fridge for a couple hours to completely dry them, then shook them in a bag with self raising flour, salt and pepper.

Layered them on a wire rack, no spaces between them, and put them in a 360F oven, with the top element heat only, so it was sort of a grill...they crisped perfectly, turned over and repeated.

Brought the sauce back to the boil, then dumped the hot wings in, pulled them out, and served them sloppy.

It was glorious

Just my 2 cents here...and I know and accept that different people have different taste buds (thank heavens).

Never thought wings were worth their salt UNTIL I had my friend's son's BAKED WINGS.

YES on the two rounds of baking method. Takes wings from fatty, party food to real food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back