Humor I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have often wondered how many right answers, or intelligent mistakes, they have to reject to maximize the appearance of idiocy. It is a segment of a COMEDY program, after all.

People often joke about Americans and their lack of knowledge when it comes to basic geography.

From my experience this comedy segment is not far fetched, I doubt they had to discard too many of the interviewed students in order to get a few humourous responses.

Just this last summer I was talking to a seemingly intelligent man, in his mid 30's, that was unaware that the UK was Great Britain, and that it was on a different continent to North America, and that you could not just get into a car and drive there!

In the Jay Walk films they edit down to a given time lime but don't edit out correct answers, if any. In fact they edit out really stupid responses that might make the video look like a setup.

I was at Universal Studios and watched them shoot for an episode. I talked with Jay about cars. He noticed my Caterham in the parking lot and we talked cars for a few minutes. He's the one that told me that they edit out the really stupid answers and the foul language.

I had a women that was 28 in TX told me that all Europeans are rood and when I ask what makes her say that she said she once traveled to Canada and folks there are rood...

Mkkkaayyy...but they are not Europeans...since Canada is in NA
shocked.gif

Nop...they speak French so they are Europeans
crazy.gif

If only the our school systems had their priorities in order, our children might learn stuff they really do need to know.
Instead, a huge amount of the school system's attention is trying to force children to love the fine arts.

I would have nailed the geography, but would come across as dumb as a bag of hammers if they'd asked pop culture/TV/movie/entertainer questions.

Those kids are likely quite bright, but it seems they don't know/have no interest in the subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back