Star Wars VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides me, who else thinks that Kylo-Ren is Luke Skywalker?

1pjuxx.jpg

That's been my theory...
Based on multiple factors.
1) he seems to have Vader's melted helmet, and AFAIK only Luke knew where the pyre was.
2) appears to talk to said helmet about completing "our destiny" or something to that effect.
3) in an interview Mark Hamil said Luke goes dark
4) JJ Abrahms pulled a similar stunt on the second Trek movie. Insisting in all the media beforehand that cumberbatch's character was an all new character, and definitely NOT Kahn. Guess who he turned out to be...

Adam Driver is playing Kylo Ren, period. I have no idea why so many people insist it's Mark Hamill as a dark Luke but I'm sure JJ is loving it.

I'm sure Hamill's Luke will finally be shown in whatever 'final' trailer drops on opening day.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
That's been my theory...
1) he seems to have Vader's melted helmet, and AFAIK only Luke knew where the pyre was.
2) appears to talk to said helmet about completing "our destiny" or something to that effect.
4) JJ Abrahms pulled a similar stunt on the second Trek movie. Insisting in all the media beforehand that cumberbatch's character was an all new character, and definitely NOT Kahn. Guess who he turned out to be...

1) The way that the trailers are edited could make that shot mean anything. Vader's melted mask could be a decoration in the Millennium Falcon's bathroom for all anyone knows.
2) Again, editing. The voice-over could be clipped from another scene entirely and that voice is so modulated it could be anyone saying it.
3) Which could mean pretty much anything.
4) Considering how much flak he got for that, I doubt he'd try it again with the even more rabid Star Wars fans.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
In all fairness, David Prowse only played the character of Darth Vader.

True, but Adam Driver has been shot on set with his mask off so there's no way he's just Mark Hamill's body double. They could have gotten anyone for that if it were the case.

My theory is that it doesn't even matter because at the end of Episode IX we will learn that all the good guys died in the assault of the second Death Star in Episode VI and Episodes VII through IX are a self-realized afterlife tainted by the Emperor's Sith powers (because he is still alive).

This movie's gonna suck. I was looking forward to it at first but, the more footage is released, the less likely I'm becoming to see it.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Aren't these all based on books? Did anyone read said books?

Nope. Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm, all the expanded universe stories are officially "non-canon".

Lucasfilm considers official canon to be only the six released Star Wars feature films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated film and television series, Star Wars Rebels television series, and other material released after April 25, 2014 (unless otherwise stated).

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: earlyre
That's been my theory...

1) The way that the trailers are edited could make that shot mean anything. Vader's melted mask could be a decoration in the Millennium Falcon's bathroom for all anyone knows.
2) Again, editing. The voice-over could be clipped from another scene entirely and that voice is so modulated it could be anyone saying it.
3) Which could mean pretty much anything.
4) Considering how much flak he got for that, I doubt he'd try it again with the even more rabid Star Wars fans.

Can't argue against any of those points, which is why I was careful to use words like "seems", " appears ", and " AFAIK ".

We can agree to disagree ony any point up until the release date, at which point it all is of course moot. I'm sticking to my theory though.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

Nope. Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm, all the expanded universe stories are officially "non-canon".

Lucasfilm considers official canon to be only the six released Star Wars feature films, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated film and television series, Star Wars Rebels television series, and other material released after April 25, 2014 (unless otherwise stated).

45.gif
ahh ok. I guess I never really paid much attention beyond the first 3 films. I still haven't seen the latest trilogy all the way through.

On a Star Wars forum, this exchange would have caused a holy war.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

On a Star Wars forum, this exchange would have caused a holy war.
wink.gif

My extent of being a nerd ends at oil and car forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back