Brain Scientist suffers stroke and explains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing TED talk, of a brain scientist who suffered a massive, nearly fatal stroke, and analysed it all the way through.

When it comes to understanding something, nothing beats being there I guess...

Interesting, but I still feel she can not grasp the internal violence bred into mankind to dominate. Much like a cat, although as docile as you may find one, will seldom pass up a opportunity to kill a creature smaller than it. A lot of people I feel could never feel the peace she felt or have the reaction she had. Its the reason doctors will probably never understand the human brain and how people think. They look at the logic and have such a higher understanding and good, they will never comprehend the evil instilled in mankind. You heard the best, seldom do they understand the worse and what drives them to not only do unspeakable acts but draw thousands to follow them.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Interesting, but I still feel she can not grasp the internal violence bred into mankind to dominate. Much like a cat, although as docile as you may find one, will seldom pass up a opportunity to kill a creature smaller than it. A lot of people I feel could never feel the peace she felt or have the reaction she had. Its the reason doctors will probably never understand the human brain and how people think. They look at the logic and have such a higher understanding and good, they will never comprehend the evil instilled in mankind. You heard the best, seldom do they understand the worse and what drives them to not only do unspeakable acts but draw thousands to follow them.
LOL, What?

Simpler terms, I am talking about the brain. She is breaking it down on left side and right side. I am asking is she is looking at this as quite human good side, feelings of love, hate emotions and aspirations etc... What about the normal healthy people that "mindlessly kill thousands and follow a dictator or eradicate entire populations in ethnic cleansing. I am not even going to go down the radical religious road. These are healthy brains and yet they spin off to do these things. I am disagreeing with her that she sees the right side as utopia, nirvana as she says. I am much more inclined to believe most people are controlled by the left side of the brain and therefore easily controlled by other people. I feel people like her do exercise the right side of their brain more and there is a use it or lose it going on. Therefore I feel she like most brain scientists, not doctors are chasing a elusive fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back