Toyota TRD PTR43-33010 Filter, Run, Archive, Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks similar in construction to a fram ultra. If stored right I don't see a problem running it. The question is there a date code on the filter?

Use it!
20.gif

Th TRD seems to be a reboxed Royal Purple but with a nut on top. And the blue ADBV is awesome.

I think It might be similar to a M1.

Its larger than the Ultra that is cataloged for the car (or the Taiwan Denso for that matter). It is closer to XG7317 size than XG4967 size.

Date looks like 12/23/14?

PTR43-33010a.jpg

PTR43-33010b.jpg

PTR43-33010c.jpg

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Shoudn`t it have a rubber gasket seal?

It does but it's hard to see in the picture. All that "white powder" makes it look the same color gray as the metal base plate. It's an o-ring style gasket too btw.

Installed today.

One thing that I just noticed: The gasket is an O or P ring, it is captured on the base plate, but it can spin on the filter.

I don't care for the weld nut - makes it difficult to hand tighten.

I prefer the basic Toyota OEM filter over the TRD version for most applications given the big price difference between them... but no on can argue that this TRD filter is not a very high quality filter.

Wonder what Toyota support would say or do about it. It probably isn't worth the time versus the reward, but wonder if they will respond better than others have. Not too impressive on the quality.

Looks like the glue on the seam let go. Still might have been filtering ... hard to say from the photo.

The seam isn't actually open (at least it doesn't pass light and resist probing).

IME with Champion made HD filters the seam is folded over on itself I'm not convinced they are glued at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back