QState UD or Pennz Platinum 0W 20 and OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the qsud $21.00 at wal mart

Some say the Pennzoil cleans better but the QSUD Is better for wear... They are both great oils.

Originally Posted By: Hybrid
Stop and go, 75% side streets ...
will be using free FRAM extra guard filter .
I could not find a service schedule for your CRV (other than it has an OLM that tells you when to change the oil). Based upon your driving style, QSUD would be quite ok (as would any synthetic) for at least 5K miles, though I am betting the OLM does not go off until around 10K.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Pennzoil is a "higher end" oil in Shell's lineup. I'd go with PP.

I say they're essentially interchangeable, particularly in that application.
wink.gif
I would say both would easily be able to go for the full OLM OCI, and with almost indistinguishable ability.

There are posts on this site that provide such insight into the use of oils, fluids, chemicals, cleaners and of course savings on oil purchases that I cut and paste them into maintenance folders of vehicles I maintain.

In this case, although my CR-V OLM will go to 10k before 15% shows, I never take it past 7500 using any brand of synthetic. Of those times with conventional oil, I have changed at a 4k interval. In most cases, I have used a Fram Ultra at a 15k combination of OCIs.

My reason for such action is from a BITOG poster saying the K24 engine screens allowing oil to the VTC actuators can become clogged causing serious timing and idle issues. As also stated in that post, the screens can be easily cleaned. I choose to also set a mark with reasonable OCIs as a degree of preventative maintenance and find the time to find quality oils at great discounts via the information posts on this site.

Bring it back to a store and exchange it for a better one or just get a refund Most stored give refunds or store credit without a receipt.
I found two of them in the back of the storage room and i had my son bring them back to wal mart when he went to get some oil.. Returned no questions asked..

ROFL, yeah winter in Cali!!!!!!

Ok so what oil is recommended? If 0w20, Id go with the Platinum, although both would be more than fine.

Not sure why everyone is against the extra guard, can someone say why? Is it because of having cardboard end caps? I would use a Fram TG or Ultra, never heard of Xtra guard, but I wouldnt hesitate to use it.

Use either PP or QSUD. The K24 is notoriously easy on oil. Take it to 15% on the MM with confidence.

Either oil is an excellent synthetic and will do the job. I personally prefer PP and that has been my go-to oil over the past 5 or so years in my non-Euro applications.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
ROFL, yeah winter in Cali!!!!!!

Ok so what oil is recommended? If 0w20, Id go with the Platinum, although both would be more than fine.

Not sure why everyone is against the extra guard, can someone say why? Is it because of having cardboard end caps? I would use a Fram TG or Ultra, never heard of Xtra guard, but I wouldnt hesitate to use it.

Thrones, wic.

rolla,
Cut an extra guard open and see for yourself compare it to say maybe a Wix... Any WIX even the cheapest one they make and you decide.. It will be obvious which is by far the best made.

Frams top of the line ultra is built very well and again if you cut them both open you can easily see which is better.
Not everyone is against the extra guard they are a big seller for fram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back