Russian jet shot down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
All Israel wants to do is live in peace, they are not expansionist.

Never laugh so hard in my life...what next, they will start eating bacon?

Originally Posted By: Trav
Most Americans with half a brain don't trust the nuke deal.
crazy2.gif

Lol! So true!

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Completely agree Nick. But I view military and civilian airplanes differently.

A 747 full of people is a whole lot different than an attack aircraft, or even a reconnaissance aircraft.

And the SU-15 Flagon that shot down KAL 007 had to be very close to employ weapons. It didn't have much in the way of missiles. He was in visual range.

Unforgivable.

What if the civilan airliner is equipped with spy cameras as was KAL?

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
All Israel wants to do is live in peace, they are not expansionist.

Never laugh so hard in my life...what next, they will start eating bacon?

Exactly, yes, they have NO interest in a "greater israel"
crackmeup2.gif
happy2.gif
20.gif
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

A 747 full of people is a whole lot different than an attack aircraft, or even a reconnaissance aircraft.

And the SU-15 Flagon that shot down KAL 007 had to be very close to employ weapons. It didn't have much in the way of missiles. He was in visual range.

Unforgivable.

Unfortunately, we've also shot down civilian airliners in the fog of war. But yes, the KAL 007 shoot-down was unforgivable in absence of a active conflict...

Not like shooting down an Iranian civilian aircraft, flying in Iranian airspace, by a military Cruiser in Iranian waters.

Reality check. Don't he so quick to condemn.

Politics. A lot mightn't like the can of worms it could open. I certainly can't discuss it. It would hurt too many people here so excuse me while i prod.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Turkey is a member of NATO. Remember ISIS is a product of the USA.

They were made in China, we don't make anything here anymore.

You're correct that Turkey is a member of NATO!

Hahaha. Well said.
Hope the Iraqi oil was worth it
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

Unforgivable.

What evidence do you have that it was equipped with spy cameras?

Because it wasn't.

That's just tinfoil hat garbage, or Russian claims to justify a heinous mistake. And when you look at where it was shot down, it wasn't in a position to image anything. It was too far off shore.

Unforgivable.

Because it wasn't.

That's just tinfoil hat garbage, or Russian claims to justify a heinous mistake. And when you look at where it was shot down, it wasn't in a position to image anything. It was too far off shore.

c'mon, astro -- you know better than to be objective on bitog.you're one of only a few here that has enough sense to reserve judgement, until all the facts are in.that's why I don't get mixed up in these soon-to-be -political-drama threads.
it's too bad that 'prone has been banned, yet again.this thread could use his words of wisdom.
so much for only women being drama queens.
but, the drama threads are funny/entertaining.so, i'll put on my tinfoil hat, sit back, and enjoy.

Plan B. Go sit in your favorite chair, pour your favorite beverage, maybe a bag of chips, look out the window and wait for the mushroom cloud

, leave your keys in your car, you ain't gonna need'em...............

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Plan B. Go sit in your favorite chair, pour your favorite beverage, maybe a bag of chips, look out the window and wait for the mushroom cloud, leave your keys in your car, you ain't gonna need'em...............

I'll be standing on the roof of my house waiting for the Lord to pick me up.
55.gif

Unforgivable.

Because it wasn't.

That theory is beyond suspect for a couple of good reasons:

1. We already had a spyplane that could fly right over Russia blasting an ultra-large infrared signature, and fly through with impunity. Cameras in an airliner were completely unnecessary.

2. The military long ago abandoned the idea of military vessels disguised as civilian vessels for fear of reprisals against actualy civilian vessels. Even our spy planes bear the markings of our nation and military.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
2. The military long ago abandoned the idea of military vessels disguised as civilian vessels for fear of reprisals against actualy civilian vessels. Even our spy planes bear the markings of our nation and military.

Lusitania wasn't pretty...

as to the latter, the A12 Oxcart (according to a book that I just finished) was flown by the CIA for quite some time before becoming the blackbird...it and the U2s were supposedly unmarked (but pretty obvious whose they were).

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Plan B. Go sit in your favorite chair, pour your favorite beverage, maybe a bag of chips, look out the window and wait for the mushroom cloud, leave your keys in your car, you ain't gonna need'em...............

I'll be standing on the roof of my house waiting for the Lord to pick me up.
55.gif

".... look out the window and wait for the mushroom cloud, ...". what a great line. it would make a great sig line for antique ... I mean gmav.

merk -- how do know that the lord is going to pick you up ? maybe you will be pulled "down".
have a good day, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back