Who is minding the store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the first guy that did it and made it into the white house was not shot, all the crazies now know they too can do this and you won't get shot. Someone climbing over the fence should be shot.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Since the first guy that did it and made it into the white house was not shot, all the crazies now know they too can do this and you won't get shot. Someone climbing over the fence should be shot.

If you want to take a from the NRA playbook, crazies going to crazy and you can't regulate the crazies.
The threat that they're going to get shot isn't going to stop them, just as the current consequences that will equally ruin their life.

We have an 8 ft fence (too low) surrounding one of the most important strategic targets in the US. The fence is too low so it looks like an easy target to climb and jump over and also the crazy or bad guy gets to run around and play tag with guards on the other side if they do get over the fence.

That old fence needs to be taken down immediately and rebuilt as a 11 foot fence. And 2 snipers need to be stationed 24x7 on each side of the building with shoot to kill orders for anyone that reaches the top of the new fence. Problem 100% solved.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
We have an 8 ft fence (too low) surrounding one of the most important strategic targets in the US. The fence is too low so it looks like an easy target to climb and jump over and also the crazy or bad guy gets to run around and play tag with guards on the other side if they do get over the fence.

That old fence needs to be taken down immediately and rebuilt as a 11 foot fence. And 2 snipers need to be stationed 24x7 on each side of the building with shoot to kill orders for anyone that reaches the top of the new fence. Problem 100% solved.

The White House is a symbol of America, we can't have it looking like a compound. The guy was captured, he needs to be prosecuted and/or treated appropriately. You have to have a few screws loose to try jumping that fence.

Why do they have a *cheap* sign that just says, "Restricted area do not enter" ?

Most dams and Government restricted areas has the sign cut into a red-white-blue badge and a big NO.

U.S. Government
NO
Trespassing.

Last edited:
CourierDriver, I'm on the same side and am for a guy with the initials of TC. I just refuse to be one of those guys who's entertained by all of this.

I wonder how many armchair commentators have actually walked around the white house in recent memory. It is a restricted street with respect to vehicles, but people can walk, and group, and protest, etc freely right there.

People are climbing on the wall/fence at any time of the day (or night IME). People are also always putting their hands through the fence to snap shots of the building clearly.

It would obviously be a fine balance between letting people get to the fence, stand there and assemble there, and manage the split-second change when someone would climb the fence. It literally is a two second variation and someone would have to intercept.

Which as I understand, they did...

"Joseph Caputo scaled the north fence line of the White House grounds at around 2:45 p.m. and was immediately apprehended, the Secret Service said in a statement. It did not provide further details about the suspect."

There is a balance of security versus making the place look like a high security compound. Not sure how much armchair commentary recognizes the balance. Im sure there would be complaints if a high fence with barbed wire or electrification were present...

Shoot 'em. Sorry, but why do you have to put warnings around the whitehouse? Doesn't a fence already implicate that its private property and not to be trespassed? Do you really need a sign to say, "don't come onto my property." Same ideas as stating that the coffee you got will be very hot.

It's a honeypot. Meant to lure the crooks with a relatively easy challenge, with additional punking once they make the decision to be criminals.

It's like the TSA looking like a bunch of boneheads at times... there's the TSA2 lurking in closets... black ops ninjas.
laugh.gif

Last year a Secret Service agent was talking on his cellphone and didn't notice a guy jump the fence and intruder got into the White House.

Maybe intruder was one of the unemployed 5% looking for a job.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I wonder how many armchair commentators have actually walked around the white house in recent memory...?

I have as I conduct business with colleagues in DC.

Not quite clear how that's particularly relevant to this topic as most of the unwashed masses already know one can't scale the WH gates to party alongside BHO with impunity.
Most.

They catch them quickly.

I remember reading somewhere they were looking into coating the fence bars with something slippery to make climbing them hard or impossible.

Teflon coat them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back