naked nails

Status
Not open for further replies.
High!

I have a bunch of nails in my shop that are uncovered and judt waiting to NaIL me in the head or face.

What can I put on the business end of all of these nails to increase shop safety?

Also, cyclone fences with the twisted barb at the top have worried me for some time.

Thanks a lot!

I once had a workshop in a low celing basement, there were a couple of low beams that I needed to duck under when walking around.

One time, I had a job where I needed to spray paint a number of small parts. I hammered a bunch of nails into one of the beams, and hung the items from wires from the nails.
When dry, I removed the items, but left the nails in place!!

Several days later, I walked into that beam!

The nail pierced my scalp but bent over when it hit my skull. All I knew, at the time, was my head was stuck to the beam, and bleeding profusely.
I thought I was going to die! I had to push with both hands to detatch my head from the beam.

The moral is: Pull the nails or cut them off ASAP.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
High!

I have a bunch of nails in my shop that are uncovered and judt waiting to NaIL me in the head or face.

What can I put on the business end of all of these nails to increase shop safety?

Also, cyclone fences with the twisted barb at the top have worried me for some time.

Thanks a lot!

You can't figure out that you can take a hammer and bend the end of the nails over (or at least blunt them) so they are not an issue?

Cut the pointed ends off with lineman pliers.

9inch+Lineman+Pliers.jpg

Cut them, bend them, wrap polystyrene round them, use them to hang signs that say "watch out for sharp pointy bits" or if you have the time and the patience melt them.

Any of those options will work.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
Why is there a cork on the fork?

Perfect!

Where can I find a few dozen corks?

You could buy a case of Fine Wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back