Fuel power still being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently heard of one outfit that used Howes product last winter and got freeze ups,they hear FP is all THAT,so they are going that way this winter off Amazon.com.If one brand was the end all to beat all...why wouldn't Power Service..Howes...etc copy them?? As like StarTron....if its so good,time for Gold Eagle,CRC...to reformulate.

I use 'FP Plus' in EVERY tank. And before that I used 'Fuel Power 60' since 2006. Car starts, idles, and runs like new... (01 Acura CL-S 122k)

Originally Posted By: Tosh
I use 'FP Plus' in EVERY tank. And before that I used 'Fuel Power 60' since 2006. Car starts, idles, and runs like new... (01 Acura CL-S 122k)
my '01 Camry starts idles and runs like new without it.

We still use it, I can hear and feel the difference when we use it and then when we don't. With it, our 2001 Trooper and 97 Civic engines become super smooth and quieter. Without it, the engines aren't really silkily smooth and are louder. I wouldn't have thought the difference would be that dramatic, but it is. It's pretty amazing.

Yes I do. I had a lot on hand, so I haven't ordered any in a while - it looks to me like shipping may be prohibitive now, unfortunately. I will have to see when the time comes. Always a great product that burned clean and kept things clean and looking good!

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Originally Posted By: Tosh
my '01 Camry starts idles and runs like new without it.

Heck, my Jeep does that. No snake oils.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
Anyone using Fuel power? It used to be all the rage on this forum about 5-8 years ago.

I'm using Lube Control's Fuel Power Plus and have been for several years (FP 60 prior to that).

It's no more snake oil than Techron or Gumout.

All three are great products for their intended purpose.

I really like FP Plus, but stopped buying it because the price including shipping is so much more than RLI Bio-Plus.

It's a good product, and I used it for many years,but their price with shipping is a turn off. LC20 is a good product too. I just wish they had better consumer distribution channels (Amazon anyone?).

--Matt

Originally Posted By: mkosem
I really like FP Plus, but stopped buying it because the price including shipping is so much more than RLI Bio-Plus.

It's a good product, and I used it for many years,but their price with shipping is a turn off. LC20 is a good product too. I just wish they had better consumer distribution channels (Amazon anyone?).

--Matt

RLI's Bio-Plus is another great product, too.

I have found it on Amazon at a good price and the shipping cost is much lower than if you purchase directly from RLI.

My only issue with FP Plus was the poor packaging attempt when they shipped it from Texas. FedEx sent me an e-mail once saying they returned the shipment to LCD because it was leaking like a sieve.

LCD has since done a better job with their packaging.

Just for general info:

FPPLUS contains:

Anti-oxidants, anti-corrosive agents, fuel atomizers, two cleaning solvents (one a synthetic ester - the other a hydrocarbon solvent), and a lubricant.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Just for general info:

FPPLUS contains:

Anti-oxidants, anti-corrosive agents, fuel atomizers, two cleaning solvents (one a synthetic ester - the other a hydrocarbon solvent), and a lubricant.

In layman's terms I would say that is a pretty impressive product.

Originally Posted By: mkosem
I really like FP Plus, but stopped buying it because the price including shipping is so much more than RLI Bio-Plus...

Its the opposite for me, shipping costs from RLI are a deal killer. I have been using FP+ since T. Dyson recommended it about 8 years ago.

I began using FP Plus in my Cutlass and Tacoma a few years ago, I saw the most benefit in the Tacoma...smoother idle, easier/quicker starting. We bought a 2014 Accord Sedan that my wife drives a lot of highway miles for her job and except for the first few tanks, I have used it religiously with every fill up. This is my initial adventure with a GDI engine and I can say without hesitation that the injectors are not as loud (acoustically) as other Honda's of the same type I have heard. It's just my opinion, but this is a good investment if you are a buy and hold kind with your vehicles. I don't have any concrete science yet, the Accord just clicked over 42K and it gets 30-33 mpg. I plan to borescope the intake around 50K miles to see what kind of buildup GDI Hondas accumulate and take the plugs out to look at the cylinders and chambers/valve faces.

I am in Texas so shipping isn't real bad, I buy it by the gallon and use at the recommended dosage and will continue to use FP Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back