liquimoly oil saver does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wantboost
was reading posts on here but couldnt really get an answer or is it a waster of money??

Some people have reported it helping with oil leaks/burning. What problem are you trying to fix?

I'm using the straight MOLY right now and I'm almost 1k miles into my OCI with no consumption so far. I could be speaking too soon, but this stuff works well and i've also noticed the engine running and sounding smoother after the first few hundred miles. It wasn't smoking or leaking, but it was consuming around 2.5 qts in 3500 miles. The motor oil saver is supposed to do a lot more and be even better (like work with the seals and what not) I say it's worth a shot if you've ruled out any other possible problems with the engine.

Originally Posted By: wantboost
burning oil

It depends on what is causing the burning. I'd give it a shot it might help.

There are two products; Mos2 Antifriction and oil saver; Please be cognizant that on is for seal swelling and the other isn't.

I believe the MoS2 is the product people rave regarding better sealing the rings. I have it in my !echo! right now.

Mos2 is an anti-friction additive. Motor oil saver is a seal sweller and oil change interval extender.
Motor oil saver contains boron and some kind of ester,that's why it helps seals and helps extend intervals because it raises tbn.
Mos2 does nothing for seals however if consumption is due to poor ring seal or worn bores mos2 may improve the consumption til an overhaul can be done.
Mos2 is in every single engine I own. I routinely get better than EPA stated mileage on vehicles with 100000 and 200000 miles on the odo.
Motor oil saver has stopped every leaker I've used it in. From puddles on the ground to nothing.
Both are good products and I've used them for many years now in countless vehicles and never had a problem.
Ever.

You can run both, I'd recomend judging depending on your sump capacity. In a 6-9 quart sump no problem. I'd add the oil saver first and let it work for 1000 miles. Then add half or a whole can of the MoS2 if you want.

In a limited capacity sump, I'd go with a HM oil and add the MoS2 only.

These aren't thin products btw.

Last edited:
I use Motor Oil Saver to reduce start up smoke and consumption.
I have tried many oils and additives to reduce start up smoke and found that MoS2 Antifriction SAE 10W-40 and Motor Oil Saver did the best job at reducing the blue smoke at start up. Quit using MoS2 Antifriction SAE 10W-40 as it got too $$. I use it with Rotella T6 now. Used my last can of Motor Oil Saver, Napa doesn't stock it any more in Denver.

So yes, it works in my motor. 94 Land Cruiser 435,000 mi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back