Tires-Pirelli, Michelin, or Continental

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Kia Sportage LX AWD. Just bought with 35k miles. Have narrowed tire selection to Michelin Premier AS; Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus; Continental True Contact. Does anyone have any Pros or Cons on these tires? Size is 225/60/R17 99H. I just joined this forum and hope to learn and contribute too.

I've been reading a lot of good stuff about the Michelin Premier AS. I currently am using the Michelin Defenders and they are pretty decent so far. I've used some Pirellis before without issue, but they aren't a go to tire for me. I've used the Continental Conti-Pro Contact and liked them a lot, but they are hard to find in certain sizes and super pricey for some vehicles. I'm sure any of those three tires would do good, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the Michelin.

Last edited:
The General RT43 and Cooper CTS are worth a look as well
And cheaper than the ones mentioned above.

Of the ones you listed Pirelli gets my vote.

I put the Continental True Contacts, the same size/rating as yours, on the Forester 3k ago. Overall happy with them, just a little firmer than the Yoko oem. Should be better in snow.

The wife's '13 Elantra has 41k on the P7's with no issues. They are much better all around than the Continental (something) oem.

Not that the above helps. Just putting it out there.

I've replaced 3 sets of dry rotting Michelins here in Arizona. Do yourself a favor and don't buy another set.

On my VW I replaced the Michelins with the Pirelli Cinturato P7s last December, they're my favorite tire I've ever had. They're fantastic.

Continental true contact among the best values but I have always had great experiences with Michelins
49.gif

Thanks to all of you for the quick responses. Black Friday out the door prices from Discount Tire are : Michelin $742.00; Pirelli $603.00; Continental $521.00. All three tires get great reviews from Consumer Reports and Tire Rack. I don't know if their Tire Protection Package is worth another $100.00. Have to read up on this before Friday. Have a great Thanksgiving.

I just installed Premiers on my Camry last week.....smooth , quiet and very responsive.

Pirelli and Continental in that order.
IMO, I would drive a car on the rims before I bought another set of Michelins.
As mentioned, I would consider the General RT43 and the Coopers previously mentioned, as well.

Been really happy with the 4 sets of Michelin Premier A/S that I have installed on a few different cars. The set on my Prius has almost 20,000 miles and continues to deliver great traction and very good NVH levels. Tread depth remaining is nearly 7/32", and they start at 8.5/32".

Thanks for all of the posts to my OP. I pulled the trigger and went with the Continental True Contact. I ordered them from Discount Tire yesterday, and should have by Thursday. They had the 'T' speed in stock but not 'H'. I will let you know how they perform. For the first time in 40 years, I didn't have to be concerned about Snow and Ice performance!

Be sure to register your continentals, they give 1yr of road hazard free!
http://www.continentaltire.com/warranty?us

They are awesome tires.

Road Hazard

Continental’s Road Hazard Coverage is unique in the industry because it applies to all Continental passenger and light truck tires that are purchased as replacement, and provides a comparable replacement tire within the first 12 months.**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back