New Purolator OIL FILTER LINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Is that rust on the baseplate at about 11:00?

No, just polished metal from manufacturing.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Slapped some lipstick on the pig. Who says it is better?

and who says its not better?

Originally Posted By: David1

I do, and I say the onus is on Purolator to prove otherwise. I say it's a fair assumption that they've done more than a cosmetic improvement, and I would like to think that's the case. But, I'm not holding my breath until I see that there's some improvement, but in the design when an unused filter is cut open, and the durability when a filter is run for a full OCI.

I do not support this company, the way they wink at credible concerns.

They will never get my business, no matter what paint they have on the cans.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I do, and I say the onus is on Purolator to prove otherwise. I say it's a fair assumption that they've done more than a cosmetic improvement, and I would like to think that's the case. But, I'm not holding my breath until I see that there's some improvement, but in the design when an unused filter is cut open, and the durability when a filter is run for a full OCI.

I agree, but it's going to take a lot more than seeing a filter or two, new and after service to convince me the problem is resolved. Having said that once I'm convinced I have no problem using their filters again.

Can you post a picture of the dome end, & does it say made in the USA anywhere? That looks like a made in Korea base plate, that doesn't look Puro at all (no oval holes).

Originally Posted By: steveh
It comes with a free roll of duck tape to patch the holes!!!

Why say that???

I know Purolator had some problems but I applaud there effort to come out with some better products.

Purolator now has 3 filters

The RED Regular

The Purolator ONE

and the PUROLATOR BOSS

and the BOSS looks very nice from what I have read

but no reason to put them down at this time..

Lets see some cut open perhaps new or used and then we can see.

However I applaud and welcome the effort
And the good man from down under has pointed out, the Dunning-Kruger syndrome often affects Framboys.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

And did you support FRAM after the Minimopar oil filter study?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: sir1900
They really don't like it when you post on their FB page about the tears....

I'm surprised they did not delete the question from their page.

Me too.
What proof do you have that "they don't like it" other than that voice in your head?

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Can you post a picture of the dome end, & does it say made in the USA anywhere? That looks like a made in Korea base plate, that doesn't look Puro at all (no oval holes).

OP whats the number on that filter.

It looks like the typical Puro 14610 / Bosch 3323 base plate to me.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

Purolator has both oval and round holes, depending on the application. For example, 20195 uses oval, while 14612 uses round holes.

They look good on the outside anyway. Very interested to see what is inside though. I'm sure we will get a look soon.

Not that I am going to run out and buy Purolators though, the way they have treated customers and responded to issues is absolutely shameful.

Seems that Purolator has been acquired by Mann+Hummel a few months ago. They say they are now based in Fayetteville, NC.

Explains all the recent changes I guess.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: sir1900
They really don't like it when you post on their FB page about the tears....

I'm surprised they did not delete the question from their page.

Me too.
What proof do you have that "they don't like it" other than that voice in your head?

Purolator never responds to the concerns of their customers - they just chirp like crickets. You think that's good business practice? All they needed to do is make a statement that they recognized the problem and have fixed it.You sure like to defend the messed up stuff ... is it all those voices in your head?

Others here see it that way too ... for example:
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Not that I am going to run out and buy Purolators though, the way they have treated customers and responded to issues is absolutely shameful.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I agree, but it's going to take a lot more than seeing a filter or two, new and after service to convince me the problem is resolved. Having said that once I'm convinced I have no problem using their filters again.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

Originally Posted By: garageman402
Seems that Purolator has been acquired by Mann+Hummel a few months ago. They say they are now based in Fayetteville, NC.

Explains all the recent changes I guess.

The Mann Hummel acquisition was actually in April 2012.
https://www.linkedin.com/company/purolator-filters-na-llc

I think this new filter line-up has been in the works for awhile. If the tearing problem that was first seen in Mar-Apr 2014 was due to changes after Mann Hummel acquired Purolator, or if the new Purolator filter line-up is a result of the tearing issues and Mann Hummel tackling the issue will never really be known because they have been tight lipped about it all.

Don't applaud them they still never admitted there was and maybe still is a tear issue.

They may now be all show and no go.. Maybe also a good excuse to raise the price from their $3.27

Time will tell it may just be a pretty can full of tears like their other filters.
On the other hand maybe they will be better.. After about 2 years we will have a better idea.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Up here, they couldn't handle the logistics to have Walmart as a retailer, and compete effectively once they got onto Walmart shelves. If things stay as they are, I can safely say I will never see one of these new filters in person unless I order one online. Purolator seems to have little interest in a retail presence in Canada, outside of making filters for others.

I'd use them, if I could, after seeing that the problems have been solved. But, no matter how good they are, if I can't buy them, I obviously will not.

garageman402: Purolator has been controlled by Mann+Hummel for a lot longer than a few months. The only thing "new" was Bosch pulling out of the joint venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back