Midnight auto parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the dealer will work with GM to get factory mounted tire and wheels.
The dealer will get a huge insurance check even after the deductible is met and probably make money off this when it's all over. The dealer is only allotted so many trucks, they'll sell em all anyways. Texans love them a Silverado. They buy 15% of what GM makes.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
A new car dealership without a security guard ?????

That's happened here but only to a few Cadillacs.
The insurance company is asking the same question. HIS rates aren't going down.

I've never heard of the thieves leaving the cars on blocks. Why would thieves care about bending backing plates, gouging exhaust, cracking rocker mouldings, and bending bumpers? Inside job.

Sounds like an inside job to me. It would be beyond brazen to spend 5 hours pulling wheels without some reliable info that there are no cameras back there or security checks. Five hours is forever in such a circumstance.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
I've never heard of the thieves leaving the cars on blocks. Why would thieves care about bending backing plates, gouging exhaust, cracking rocker mouldings, and bending bumpers? Inside job.

They need the blocks to get the jacks back out. A Chevy dealer got hit around here when I was a kid. A few IROC Camaros lost their shoes. The thieves actually used cheap scissor jacks and left them in place. That wouldn't be practical with so many trucks.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
They need the blocks to get the jacks back out.

I've seen a LOT of wheel jobs, and the only time that there was anything left under the car was when the owner caught the thief in the act.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
They need the blocks to get the jacks back out.

I've seen a LOT of wheel jobs, and the only time that there was anything left under the car was when the owner caught the thief in the act.

How do they get their jack out if the vehicle is resting on it?

You jam the blocks under the suspension and let the air out of the tire. Off it comes.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
You jam the blocks under the suspension and let the air out of the tire. Off it comes.

That's a brilliant idea.

Speaking from experience?

You have some experience with this?

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02

Speaking from experience?

This is also how you get parking boots off your car.

Might be faster: jack it up, put it on blocks...start jacking the next one while your buddy unbolts wheels, repeat until truck is full.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Might be faster: jack it up, put it on blocks...start jacking the next one while your buddy unbolts wheels, repeat until truck is full.

Brilliant, but the low-noise impact gun is the missing ingredient. Or did they manhandle a 4-way wrench? That guy's gotta hurt!

Maybe you could have breaker-bar guy work with the jack-men then they can zip off the lugs with a cordless drill and 21mm socket later in the process.

Man, I'm overthinking this.
laugh.gif

This is why so many new cars come with those semi-cheezy McGard locking lugs. "Good for the customer", but also good for the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back