New Purolator OIL FILTER LINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at work and I saw new PUROLATOR oil filter box.

I read the box and it said about the Regular purolaor oil filter.. I think its this red one.
and then it shows a ONE oil filer

then the Purolator BOSS

here is pics

2s8nyid.jpg

2le5t3k.jpg

Here is the 15000 mile BOSS

29ntg6x.jpg

Here is the new Purolator ONE

rbxyzd.jpg

Here is the whole new line

however the only one I saw at work was the regular Purolator that is RED as you can see in the pic above

However I think the new Red filter will sell better then the Purolator Classic even if its the same thing with a paint job.
Some think since its called classic its old or for old cars

2qukzsx.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the inside of these to determine if the change is more than cosmetic.

Too bad the Boss doesn't come with the red gasket from the P1. And they made a mistake by ditching the textured grip. The P1 and Boss will come in really cool 6-sided boxes. They've cheapened the Boss by using plastic mesh instead of wire.

The red color is nice though
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: steveh
It comes with a free roll of duck tape to patch the holes!!!

Why say that???

I know Purolator had some problems but I applaud there effort to come out with some better products.

Purolator now has 3 filters

The RED Regular

The Purolator ONE

and the PUROLATOR BOSS

and the BOSS looks very nice from what I have read

but no reason to put them down at this time..

Lets see some cut open perhaps new or used and then we can see.

However I applaud and welcome the effort

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Too bad the Boss doesn't come with the red gasket from the P1. And they made a mistake by ditching the textured grip. The P1 and Boss will come in really cool 6-sided boxes. They've cheapened the Boss by using plastic mesh instead of wire.

smile.gif

Perhaps the plastic has its purpose

Perhaps there are some benefits over the metal mesh

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

smile.gif

Perhaps the plastic has its purpose

Perhaps there are some benefits over the metal mesh

The polymer mesh backing on the media is just an easier and cheaper way to make full synthetic media. If it works out in the real world, only time will tell.

Checked out their Facebook page. It seems they are really enthusiastic about the new line. Interesting someone asked whether or not they've addressed the tearing issue. Surprise surprise.... no response.

Not sure if I am a fan of the polymer-backed media over wire-backed in the Ultra. That might be a deal breaker for me (if I ever decide to use a 15k filter).

I agree that they should've kept the textured grip on the One. I'm sure that was a selling feature for many users.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Checked out their Facebook page. It seems they are really enthusiastic about the new line. Interesting someone asked whether or not they've addressed the tearing issue. Surprise surprise.... no response.

Not sure if I am a fan of the polymer-backed media over wire-backed in the Ultra. That might be a deal breaker for me (if I ever decide to use a 15k filter).

I agree that they should've kept the textured grip on the One. I'm sure that was a selling feature for many users.

They really don't like it when you post on their FB page about the tears....

I do like the red can.

Baldwin, Royal Purple and the orange Frams are the most visually appealing IMO.

The old blue P1's are sharp. I actually have one on display. Never understood the updated mustard yellow color.
37.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979

I'm surprised they did not delete the question from their page.

So to make up for their junk they come out with a new lineup with new and improved jacked up prices. Nice.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

I'm surprised they did not delete the question from their page.

Me too.

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: steveh
It comes with a free roll of duck tape to patch the holes!!!

Why say that???

I know Purolator had some problems but I applaud there effort to come out with some better products.

Purolator now has 3 filters

The RED Regular

The Purolator ONE

and the PUROLATOR BOSS

and the BOSS looks very nice from what I have read

but no reason to put them down at this time..

Lets see some cut open perhaps new or used and then we can see.

However I applaud and welcome the effort

1. classic
2. P1
3. Puro Syn

Nothing new but a paint job.

As far as guts go, THE MOMENT I see one, I'm buying it to cut open. Nothing has been confirmed other than they look different and there is new propaganda, ahem, advertising.

Fanboys...
06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back