Non Violent Protests In U.S.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see Chicago handling the terrible video in a non violent way. There was only 5 arrests for minor infractions. The inner city community activists and church elders got out in front of this video release. They brought first degree murder charges against the officer which shows that they take this incident seriously. Of course, there needs to be a conviction. Hopefully, this incident can shed some light on the epidemic and historical covering up that Chicago police has done.

Agreed.
thumbsup2.gif

I will say that I was happy I was not mauled by protesters while leaving work tonight.

At least judging by the video it seems like the cop had zero reason to shoot the kid. Cop should get all of the punishment he has coming.

I hear that on Friday they will be protesting outside of water tower place.

They are asking that people don't shop on that day. To fight "consumerism"

I think anyone protesting should be banned themselves from buying any goods or products through the end of the year.

Toilet paper, dish soap, groceries, toothpaste they shouldn't be allowed to buy any of it. Or are they just a bunch of hypocrites who just love a good protest? Regardless of the reason.
Oh and also anyone protesting consumerism shouldn't be allowed to own or use a cell phone either.

Why not keep the protests focused on the cop who killed the kid? This whole consumerism thing is really sad and will take away a huge amount coverage. Effectively nullifying the reason they are protesting in the first place.

Saw the video on that. The kid was walking by. Same as walking away. No reason to go Rambo on him. Some of these protest have a basis in fact. But some of the protesters go way overboard.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
It's good to see Chicago handling the terrible video in a non violent way. There was only 5 arrests for minor infractions. The inner city community activists and church elders got out in front of this video release. They brought first degree murder charges against the officer which shows that they take this incident seriously. Of course, there needs to be a conviction. Hopefully, this incident can shed some light on the epidemic and historical covering up that Chicago police has done.

yea it only too 400 days.....imagine how long it would take if it was a black guy that shot a cop.

Originally Posted By: philipp10

yea it only too 400 days.....imagine how long it would take if it was a black guy that shot a cop.

The irony is that both incidents would end with a dead man shot by police.
wink.gif

I gave everyone a heads up on a previous post. Is it that hard to believe a police officer could "cross the line"?? This happened more than 13 months ago. The incident took place 1 mile from Midway Airport. Not the "ghetto"..

yea it only too 400 days.....imagine how long it would take if it was a black guy that shot a cop. [/quote]

Can't you grasp the situation?? I never once discussed the racial aspect of this incident.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Saw the video on that. The kid was walking by. Same as walking away. No reason to go Rambo on him. Some of these protest have a basis in fact. But some of the protesters go way overboard.

I agree 100000 %. Also cop killing black guy in South Carolina.

Now if the guy pulled out a gun, the police should blast his butt with15+ bullets.

Can't you grasp the situation?? I never once discussed the racial aspect of this incident. [/quote]

well I wasn't referring to your exact comments. Imagine if the kid had been white though.

Originally Posted By: Al
This is a much bigger story than the 427 murders in chicago so far in 2015

That's why I suggested in another thread that the Illinois National Guard needs to clean up the neighborhoods since its a war zone.

Someone playing golf forgot about the Chicago war zone.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Someone playing golf forgot about the Chicago war zone.

That person found time though to indicate he was "deeply disturbed" about the police shooting.

It looks like there will be a protest tomorrow along the Magnificant Mile shopping area. This will hit the city where it hurts the most. Hopefully, it doesn't rain and the weather stays warm.

why we don't care about this is the main problem.

It looks like there will be a protest tomorrow along the Magnificant Mile shopping area. This will hit the city where it hurts the most. Hopefully, it doesn't rain and the weather stays warm.

Hopefully it rains cats and dogs and is cold and windy better yet a snow storm.
What gives these idiots the right to disrupt businesses? Let them go to a public park and have their protest and if they get out of hand a billy club on the the old noggin and in the paddy wagon with em.

No one thinks this shooting was justified and the cop has been charged with murder what more do they want other than to cause a public disturbance.

I gave everyone a heads up on a previous post. Is it that hard to believe a police officer could "cross the line"?? This happened more than 13 months ago. The incident took place 1 mile from Midway Airport. Not the "ghetto"..

I don't know about that...that area is pretty ghetto-y...

Last edited:

That's not news because those weren't blacks being killed by white police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back