The $370 AR-15 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a complete AR-15 from PSA for $370 during their black Friday sale. Shipping is showing $17 for me, so $387 out the door plus FFL transfer fee at your local dealer. This is the budget PTAC line. If you spend a bit more, you can get a bit more quality.

complete lower $119.99 shipped
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-blackhawk-complete-lower-receiver-blem.html

complete PTAC upper $249.99
http://palmettostatearmory.com/ptac-16-m4-1-7-upper-with-bolt-carrier-group-and-charging-handle.html

Add a couple 30 rd magazines for $6.99/each
http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/1239/

Since this is a lube forum, I highly recommend G96 synthetic gun oil.
http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-G96-Synthet...eywords=g96+clp

Now it the time to buy an AR, or 6. A bunch of these companies are going to go out of business soon and the prices are going to start going back up.

There is a really high markup on AR 15s no matter what level of quality .

There's a lady running for office that promised to implement complete gun control and take away every gun of any kind from all citizens. That would make buying an AR much more difficult.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
There's a lady running for office that promised to implement complete gun control and take away every gun of any kind from all citizens. That would make buying an AR much more difficult.
I have the bad feeling that it will be the new pres.

She can't do it....her husband even said so. The 1994 ban caused the loss of the congress. Send the NRA $100

Last edited:

We heard the same thing in 2008 with Obama. He never was even able to pass enhanced background checks, let alone any gun control. Not even in his first 2 years when he had both Houses. People's "Scared Gauges" are empty. Hillary will be lucky if she doesn't end up in prison.

I think the reason why prices are so low is because there are so many players in the AR business nowadays. Most people who wanted one already have one. I bought my Colt M-4 gov't model back in 2011. Love that gun.

Originally Posted By: billt460

We heard the same thing in 2008 with Obama. He never was even able to pass enhanced background checks, let alone any gun control. Not even in his first 2 years when he had both Houses. People's "Scared Gauges" are empty. Hillary will be lucky if she doesn't end up in prison.

What's Hillary going to prison for. Did I miss something? What did she do?

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I think the reason why prices are so low is because there are so many players in the AR business nowadays. Most people who wanted one already have one.

That's basically it in a nutshell. The gun market in general, (AR-15's in particular), are tapped out. Ever since 2008 people have been buying them out of fear, and anyone and everyone who remotely wants one, now has 2 or more. I think we're going to see a very soft firearms market for years to come. If Hussein could not enact more gun control with a Democratic controlled House and Senate, no one can. The "Scare Factor" is no longer on the table for most rational thinking gun owners.

Originally Posted By: billt460

That's basically it in a nutshell. The gun market in general, (AR-15's in particular), are tapped out. Ever since 2008 people have been buying them out of fear, and anyone and everyone who remotely wants one, now has 2 or more. ...

Not completely. I have thought about getting one for years, but never could justify the cost. At under $400, I am thinking about it for sure.
Too bad I don't have the extra cash right now, just replaced my intake manifold and wife has some medical stuff coming up that will be a grand or so.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Not completely. I have thought about getting one for years, but never could justify the cost. At under $400, I am thinking about it for sure.

It will be over $400.00 because that model doesn't come with a carry handle. So you will have to add it, or else a rear sight of some type that will function correctly with the A-Frame front sight. But regardless, that IS a good price.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Is that a blemished item? On the PSA site it says "BLEM".
I think BLEM is a marketing scheme that PSA uses. I'm not sure they're actual blemished items.

The "blem" receivers that I've seen usually have some tiny finish flaw that wouldn't bother me in the least. Dimensionally and functionally perfect with a fisheye or two in the phosphate? No worries...once the gun has been in use for a while, it won't be perfect anyway...you're not gonna' build a perfect safe queen with this receiver...there's no rich wood stock....no beautiful blued finish...so who cares about the blemishes?

That said, my LGS has Aero Precision receivers for $79.95. Good quality. A bit more $$ than the blemished ones, but still seems pretty reasonable to me. I've got three sitting in the safe for a rainy day.

Last edited:
I don't get the appeal of these type weapons at all but I know lots of folks like them. To each his own.

With prominent liberals now espousing Australian style gun confiscation and the media driving their agenda I think it is more important now than ever to be a vigilant, responsible gun owner at the voting booth and with your support dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back