The highest mileage vehicle you own and have owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
1992 Civic VX 292,000 miles and counting, before stolen this spring. RIP.
cry.gif

Can't beat harry j's mileage though.
19.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I had a 1981 Mercedes 300SD (W126) that had 265K miles when I sold it because of rust issues. The engine and transmission were original as far as I know. That 3 liter 5 cylinder turbodiesel would still top out at 110+ on a flat airport road.

I currently have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the original 4.0 six and 42RE transmission that has now passed 255K miles. I am the second owner having purchased it in '08 with 133K on it. It still runs like a top. When I bought it I did add a stacked plate transmission cooler and did a cooler line flush with ATF+4. I also raised the line pressure adjustment and adjusted the bands to a slightly tighter spec than stock (as per a recommendation from a transmission shop). Even with all of those miles the original transmission shifts great.

My 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4.8 has 203K miles on it. The rockers are rotted away but it still runs like a top. As far as I know, the 4L60E is original. Due to the rust and some other issues cropping up, I will probably sell this one in the spring.

This doesn't really count for me, but my parents just traded in their '96 Volvo 960 in for a new Ford Escape. The Volvo had 280K miles on the original engine and transmission. In addition, their '02 Buick Century has over 200K now on the 3.1 (intake gaskets done once) and original 4T65E transaxle. Rusty rockers will be claiming this one as they are already looking to replace it in the spring. It has been a great car since they bought it in '03 as a dealer demo.

Andrew S.

My daily driver 92 cavalier just turned over 211,000 miles two days ago and it's still on it's original engine and automatic transmission.

My next highest vehicle is my 98 K1500 chevy truck that I bought new and it has 130,000 miles on it.

Wayne

I'm the third owner of a 1996 Chrysler Concorde. Had 99K when I got it 10 yrs ago, still going at 207K. Only real disappointment was an unexpected ball joint failure. This car was the replacement for a 90 Lumina sedan...engine failure at 206K.

Just acquired a 1998 Buick Century with 147K for $500...very clean for it's age and runs good.

A 1986 Mazda 626 5 speed from Feb. 1986 to 2008. A total of 360,000 miles with one head changed out at 250,000 miles due to corrosion near a cylinder. Also one clutch replacement. Everything else done as regular maintenance items. Oil changed every 3000 miles.

Right now, Toyota Prius with 74,000 miles.

Highest ever: Subaru Outback with 248,000 miles. But I also had a '93 Mercury Villager with either 143,000 or 287,000, I can't remember as it didn't last me a month.

I owned a 1975 2002 with over 200k miles on it, but in the current fleet the highest mileage car is my son's X3 at 179k miles, followed by my MS3 DD with 156k miles.

1999 Cavalier 245K It was my wifes car that she got for her 16th birthday. I met her when she was 21 so it had about 100K when I started the maintenance. We traded it in back in 2009 for her versa.

Highest mileage "vehicle"? 1.4 million miles out of a 1996 Freightliner FLD with Cummins N-14. When sold, it went right to work for next owner. Only major engine repairs were one fuel injector and an accessory drive seal.

The thunderbird in my sig is around 210K. Probably not long for the world due to rust.

The only powertrain work was valve seals. It is quite peppy, even with the old style full aluminum intake. Great quality in that car, except for wear and tear parts it holds up well. I never read a case of those rear ends failing, but the newer explorers with a similar setup were terrible.
It still has all the original bearings in the rear.

Last edited:
2000 Pontiac Sunfire,2.2L/THM125. Gf bought in Apr 2006 with 118K mi. Now has 248K on it. She bought a new car last month so now I have taken possesion of it. Paint is shot on the roof and trunk. Has been closely maintained since she got it, steady diet of Valvoline Maxlife and either a Delco (non-ecore) or Wix filter. I am going to try an get it to 300K mi. but will take me some time since I only drive 9K/yr.

Living in a large metro area with about any service one needs within a few miles(and the big pond to east approx 20 mi away), I don't need to run hundreds of thousand of miles, at 12-14 years old few of my vehicles have much over 100K mi... It's also helped that I've had a company vehicle for most of my working years, those were racking up close to 30K mi per year...

All that said, I currently own a 1996 F-150 beater that has 186K mi, AFAIK in 49 years it has the most miles of any vehicle I've owned... I bought it three years ago with 175K mi, so it's gotten less than 4k per year...

Hobby-ing in used cars I've often seen stuff with 300 & 400K miles, but were not mine...

2001 Accord 4 cylinder - 279K miles. Bought new in fall of 2000. Original clutch and rear brake shoes. Uses a few quarts between changes but still gets great fuel mileage. Valve stem seals might cure the oil consumption.

Originally Posted By: ledslinger
2001 Accord 4 cylinder - 279K miles. Bought new in fall of 2000. Original clutch and rear brake shoes. Uses a few quarts between changes but still gets great fuel mileage. Valve stem seals might cure the oil consumption.

When I was a kid a neighbor put 320,000 on a early 90's Accord, sold it with the original clutch.

Highest was an '84 dodge caravan that threw a rod at just over 300k, 2nd highest was an '89 Grand Voyager that we retired at ~300k. After I saw it pass 300k I considered it a goal met. Both of them took a lot of work to get there - not on drivetrain components, but everything else.

Current highest is an '06 G35 w/ 160K miles with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back