Pennzoil HM stopped a leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to give a quick update. Some weeks ago I had an issue with a leaking honda odyssey. Quick back story. I had been using the Honda maintenance minder and Valvoline Conventional to about 7-8K miles per OCI. After learning more about oil I decided the OCI was too long for this van and I decided to switch to PP. After about 3,000 miles I started getting leaks at both the V Tech Seal and the oil pump. I had the v tech seal replaced and that reduced the leak to about 2 drops every night (from the oil pump) down from 5 or 6 drops. Anyway the oil pump would cost a bunch to do on this application so I decided to try Pennzoil High Mileage after about 4 days the leak slowed to 1 drop every other night or so to now over a week later no drops. No doubt the long OCI left junk built up over the seals drying them out then when the Pennzoil Platinum started cleaning up the seals got wet again and started leaking so its not like its Valvoline fault just that it went too long between OCI with it for about 10 years. So thats all I just wanted to let everyone know HM oil did slow and finally stop a small leak for me and I am happy about that.

Glad to hear it
thumbsup2.gif
Now you have a go-to oil for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back