Ford Recall fuel tank issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an advance notice of an upcoming recall. Parts are not available yet and there is no service procedure. Owners shouldn't do anything until they receive a letter stating parts are available.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Saw this one this morning.
Get your stuff fixed.

Fusion and Milan fuel tank

I really never realized Ford was such an import. 451k cars built in Mexico?

Most Fusions are built in Hermosillo. They just added production to the Flat Rock plant along with the Mustang for the 2015MY.

Wonder how they found out about the issue. I mean, no accidents or injuries, so... how did they find out about the issue?

[I'm in no way bashing, I'm curious if they are periodically tearing down vehicles and doing quality checks, or if enough techs in the pits were noting gas leaks when these vehicles were being serviced and that those notes are examined at a higher level, etc.]

Originally Posted By: supton
Wonder how they found out about the issue. I mean, no accidents or injuries, so... how did they find out about the issue?

[I'm in no way bashing, I'm curious if they are periodically tearing down vehicles and doing quality checks, or if enough techs in the pits were noting gas leaks when these vehicles were being serviced and that those notes are examined at a higher level, etc.]

I'm guessing there were warranty claims for incidents that didn't result in an accident or injury. Like you said, dealers could have seen this during routine service.

Tear-downs and quality checks are a possibility as well. Maybe an engineer noticed something seemed off with the design and brought up the possibility that there could be a design issue.

Lots of possibilities here, just goad to see Ford did the responsible thing and issued a recall rather than ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back