Russian jet shot down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putin is all up in arms about one of his country's jets being shot down by Turkish F-16s. Reports claim that Russia was warned 10 times by Turkey not to violate their air space, but they kept doing it any way. Makes me wonder how many times Russia's air space would be violated before they started shooting...I highly doubt it would've been 10 times...

Last edited:
So this is the second jet shot down ?

Or is it the same one as the other thread that's been going for 24+ hours ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
So this is the second jet shot down ?

Or is it the same one as the other thread that's been going for 24+ hours ?

Oooops! I didn't see the other thread...
33.gif

Originally Posted By: pbm
I'm not sure if we're on the right side here.

I'm not sure there is a right side here.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I'm not sure if we're on the right side here.

Russia(well, Putin) is on Asad's side.
I think we're good.

Taken down by an AIM 9M, does the SU-24 Fencer not have flares? Guessing it has the countermeasures but the Russian pilots training was less than that of the Turkish pilots on intercept, plus the F-16 kicks just kicks arse.

Turkey protects ISIS, we protect Turkey. I don't see how we are on the right side here.

A helicopter on a rescue mission was also destroyed by the terrorists with an American supplied TOW missile after making an emergency landing.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Remember ISIS is a product of the USA.

It's not very often I see it stated this way, but there you go.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Putin is not stupid, if he sent in an obsolete SU-24, then he had a very specific reaction in mind.

The SU-24 isn't obsolete when you consider the weapon load it carries. Old airframe, sure...however, it carries a broad set of weapons. High payload. Long range. High speed. The Fencer is very capable at air to ground missions. And that's what the Russian Air Force was doing: air to ground. So, frankly, it's a great choice for capability.

It's no fighter however, and so, against an F-16, it's at a considerable disadvantage when flying at medium altitude.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Turkey is a member of NATO. Remember ISIS is a product of the USA.

Blasphemy!

Jokes aside--fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back