What else can I do? maintenance wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vehicle 2007 Nissan Titan,Le. I've changed and maintain all the fluids on my titan. I don't tow, I don't beat the truck or 4 wheel the terrain. I have 100,000 miles and the truck runs,,,very good. We also have a 08 jeep, but my truck is more of my concern. You walk down the auto aisle,so much,,junk. No grease fitting to grease, but, does anyone now and then use any gas additive for the injectors? Maybe amsoil PI performance improver? About to buy some tranny fluid and was looking at this additive, reads good, good company,good product? Not looking to fix anything but just help/improve the motor, keep it happy. Or would it be better to get fuel injectors cleaned by a shop? I just don't really trust any,,around me. This product sounds like it does a few more things, not just clean the injectors. Not looking to add every fill up,maybe a 6 month service or so. Any ideals about other products? I've heard horror stories of adding and smoke blowing at start ups and so on. Or, just best to leave alone if no problems?

Half a can of Techron every ten gas fillups,
half an ounce Sta-Bil Marine (blue) every five tanks,
(I don't drive much)
oil changed every 2 years (less than 5K miles)
plain full synthetic 5W-30, oversized oil filter, that's it...

I am not a believer in fuel injector cleaners. Never used them, and never had a fuel injector issue. Mpg never falter, engines never run rough, power is always consistent. Of course I tend to stick to high volume gas stations.

Techron is proven stuff. I use it every 10-15k.

I throw a can of heet in the tank mid winter and early spring.

Clean your throttle body and MAF sensor. PCV valve and idle intake if your vehicle has one. Clean your battery terminals and grounds with winter coming on now. Polish headlights. Check for latent codes, not all codes throw a cel.

Distilled water or meth intake cleaning?

I do use techron or PI once or twice a year; of course, some of my cars are parked for 6 months, so I figure it cant hurt. I don't believe in any other oil or transmission additives unless you are trying to fix a leak. (seal conditioner can fix some transmission problems) I did have a 3-5 mpg loss on my Toyota that went on for years. it coincided with my bumping up my tire width by 10mm so I attributed it to that. yes, I calculated the increase in tire diameter into my mpg figures. I tried injector cleaner multiple times to no avail. finally cleaned the MAF sensor and my MPG bounced back. wish I had tried that sooner....

Clean the battery with Pledge Furniture Polish. Spray on and wipe off. Don't need any grease. The battery will look brand new on the day it dies and will last longer when kept clean and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back