The highest mileage vehicle you own and have owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 94 Ford Bronco has 223k miles on it, although most of the drivetrain was already replaced before I bought it. I bought it as a project 2 years ago. My in-laws were the original owners and I bought it from them. It had a 220k when I bought it.

The next highest is my 92 Honda Accord which has 181k on it. My parents bought it back in 1995 when it had about 20k miles on it. It was my mom's car for a few years, then it was passed around the family a little, and long story short, I bought it from my mom about 3 years ago.

My first car was a 94 Ford Explorer, which my mom is still driving with 201k on it now. My parents bought that back in 1996 with about 20k miles on it. It was my father's car for years, then I drove it in high school, then my mom started driving it. It's a very tough and reliable vehicle, and it's the reason I got into Fords.

1999 Isuzu NPR HD - 528k miles. It's so ugly at this point, I wish it would just drop dead, but it has a new refrigerated box I picked up cheap, and is one of my most reliable trucks.

For gas, it's a 2001 Chevy Express 3500 box truck. 452k miles. Another one I wish would just drop dead, but it rarely ever needs parts, when it does they cost less than dirt, and I can maintain it with what I find in my couch.

For personal gas, it's my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0. Body and interior mint. 219k miles, and not a hint of blowby. New transmission, new lift kit. No plans of getting rid of it ever.

For personal diesel, it's my 2007 Ram. Body and interior mint. 331k miles. No blowby, no plans to get rid of it any time soon.

Stupid, unreliable American cars. Just don't build them like they used to.
thumbsup2.gif

My CVPI. Has 171k on it. Bought it July, 2013 with 157k for $1026. I bought it from the second owner who didnt do anything except buy it from the police auction and put a new windshield in it. He never even titled it.
So I haven't put much mileage on it at all, though Ive done a lot of work to it, mainly maintenance that hadnt been done/were due and some modifications/extra features it didnt originally have.
Only thing bad that has happened was I popped a spark plug out a couple of thousand ago. Pretty common with these engines.

I bought my 1992 F-350 with 297K...sold it with 368K. It's a 7.3 turbodiesel, second clutch, original turbo, second water pump. Front end was totally rebuilt once at ~200K, I did tie rod ends at ~310K. (The truck got a snowplow when it was new.) As of last year, it is still running.

How bout my wife's '76 MG-almost 38k miles in as many years? A rear main bearing 15 years ago and the 'prince of darkness' Lucas electronic igniton replaced by a Crain unit a few years ago.Whoops, that's another thread

Impressive stories here. Many vehicles across most manufacturer's represented in the 200-400k range.

I've got a way to go. The Accord in my sig is closing in on a relatively modest 160k. Purchased new right around this time in 2004 (11 years now, wow), it has never let me down. I get tired of saying it, but it does, truly, drive like new. The only maintenance nagging at me is the valve adjustment, which has never been done, and I'm hoping a new valve cover gasket will cure a 1-2 qt oil loss issue every 10k. Projects for the Spring. (I've been saying that for the past two years.)

2004 VW Jetta TDi, bougt new, drove eleven years and 314kmiles. When the turbo died at 255k I put a bigger one in. Guy who bought it flew in to pick it up, and must have put 1kmiles onto it getting home. Good car, but I thought it was going to get expensive before long.

My present daily driver. 2004 dodge ram 1500 225K miles. I changed the tranny solenoid pack myself once, other than that no power train issues. Synthetic oil changes 10 - 11K.

'68 Impala, bought in '78 with 119K miles, given away to a friend in '84 with 200K miles. Very tired 307 & Powerglide replaced with a used 327 & TH350 in '82 @ 176K miles. Caveat: Speedo/odometer read about 20% high after the swap, so actual mileage at indicated 200 K was actually around 196K miles. My friend drove it for another four years, I think to an indicated 243K miles.

'90 Mazda MPV, bought in '96 w/ 228K km, written off in '01 @ 326K km. I did a head gasket in '98 @ 256K km. Otherwise few mechanical issues.

'97 Mazda MPV, bought in '01 w/ 94K km, still going strong as a 2nd vehicle @ 306K km. No major mechanical issues.

Sold my 1992 BMW 325is with 242,000 miles. The interior was the weak spot!

Up to 142,000 on my 07 335. Putting about 40+k per year on it, so just give me some time. I'll likely have one of the highest mileage 335s around - it's an experiment.

Last edited:
***6 pages of great stories not one Subaru.

My new '03 Accord EX 2.4 went 205k on cheap 7.5k OCI's lost it in a recent divorce..it's still a DD.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
***6 pages of great stories not one Subaru.

Uhmmmm .... Page 3

Originally Posted By: meborder

Our daily drivers are both in the 140k range, with many more to go I hope. 2002 Subaru outback sedan H6 and 2006 expedition 5.4.

Last edited:
The xB in my sig should hit 175k this week. I had a '87 Mazda 626 go to 192k before spreading electrical gremlins made me sell it for cheap, and a '95 Mercury Tracer that made it to 180k before electrics, and valve seats ruining two cylinders, sent it to the junkyard.

The champ so far for us was our '01 Odyssey. When the autotragic started failing for the fourth time at 244k, my wife decided she couldn't trust it any more.

Originally Posted By: super20dan
200k on wifes 04 highlander 4cyl. a powerwindow motor and starter are its only repairs needed

That generation Highlander is incredible, even the bodies are bullet proof...my 2.4 has 62k now and the paint/body (salsa red pearl) is like new after 10 years, many examples on the road...proven drive train simple yet matched perfectly..have the 235/70/16 LTX for a beefier look, I'm expecting to achieve 250k with minimal repair...bought it just the way it is used w/28k 18 months ago.

yes its an amazing car but dull to drive. you are right the body still looks great after 11 years outside in the hot florida sun. finding a 4cyl used wasnt easy(off lease) 17k price in 2006

Hello, I am new to forum. Our 02' Prius has almost made it to the moon as one says. The car now has 223,000 mi on it. She runs 13,000 mi between oil changes on Amsoil 0w30. This is the farthest any vehicle has went for us.
laugh.gif

190K miles on our 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT purchased new. 3.8 liter Buick engine and a 4T65e transaxle. Original engine and transmission are still going strong. 1 water pump, 1 set of spark plugs and wires, 1 radiator, lots of Valvoline 10W30 white and green bottles, always Valvoline fluids and GM or Fram filters. On its fourth set of tires, 1 steering rack. Original glass, paint, upholstery, heck even the radio still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back