Adjusting Rear Camber '89 Prelude 4WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed since wrecking my '89 Prelude, the right rear tire is really wearing the inside like crazy. Alignment guy said it "could" be the camber but wouldn't know until he checks it next week. He mentioned an "alignment kit". Do ya'll have any knowledge about this sort of thing? Is there a "go-to" brand that is the "mac daddy" of camber alignment kits? I want some knowledge in this matter before next Tuesday.

Thanks!

Camber kits are just bolts with a cam or skinny spot in the middle. Buy them based on how many degrees they give you, but the more degrees, the weaker they are.

I think it's more likely to be a problem with the toe rather than camber.

Make sure your "alignment guy" is familiar with how to properly align a Prelude with the mechanical 4WS system and that he possesses the necessary tool.

Originally Posted By: Padawan
I think it's more likely to be a problem with the toe rather than camber.

Make sure your "alignment guy" is familiar with how to properly align a Prelude with the mechanical 4WS system and that he possesses the necessary tool.

What is the "necessary tool"?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Camber kits are just bolts with a cam or skinny spot in the middle. Buy them based on how many degrees they give you, but the more degrees, the weaker they are.

Any particular brand better than the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back