Windsheild Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how rain-x makes everything fly off the windshield. New Hondas come with a crystal vision sealer on the windshield that makes all the water just roll off. I have also seen people use a granite sealer that makes it so nothing sticks to the windshield. Any other good coating recommendations.

aquapel is probably the most well known that isn't rain-x and has been around for awhile.

But There are also tons of spray-on ones now and other ones in the parts store, but can't say if they are better or worse than rain-x.

Last edited:
I use Rain-x De-icer washer fluid year round. I usually find it or 2 bucks a gallon in the spring. water only runs off where the wipers pass. It is not as good as applying regular Rain-x, but it is less work.

Over the summer, I tried out Rain-X bug remover washer fluid for the first time. During light rain, I didn't have to even use my wipers since the water beaded right off the windshield. Not bad for $2 and change.

Using "Rain Clear" on the Mustang. Supposedly its made by the original makes of Rain-X. Can't say if its better or worse but it certainly works fine.

Bit of a hassle to bush clear, though.

Originally Posted By: Ga129
This will do the trick!

disagree to use a paint wax on the glass as chrisfix does.

Looks fine when you're done, but once you start using the wipers to start skipping or make a weird noise, or will begin to smear and shine or give mirage holograms. Especially collinite which contains carnuaba.

If you're going through the trouble, should use a glass specific product. If you're cheap and have it already use a synthetic polymer sealant "wax", or drop down and just do rainx more frequently.

Last edited:
Rainx seems to shorten wiper life so i stay away. Aquapel is awesome stuff is equally effective in the rain as it is with ice in the morning. Aquapel can be gotten cheaply on rockauto (about half retail price ) and last about 6 months an application.. which makes it superior to rainx in pretty much every way. You most likely wont find it in stores though as the formula was purchased by trico and it is now called "trico view"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Superflop
Rainx seems to shorten wiper life so i stay away..

Nothing shortens wipe life for me more than ice on the glass. When you park outside in Michigan some days you just end up using the wipers and washer fluid to clear it.

I loved rains but couldn't stand the wiper chatter. I wouldn't mind trying something else. Ill say that the spots on my glass where I had laid some buffing rags when applying CQUK do repel water much better and different than the other areas around.

Im willing to try most anything... PIAA Silicone wipers have done decently for me just by themselves in the past...

I used wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant 3.0 on my windshield and all windows and three weeks later and the water still beads nicely and runs off the car.

I found if you use rain x the best way to apply is to clean windshield before washing the car. Then apply the rain x but don't buff it off. Wash the car as usual, and the excess comes off when you do that. Doesn't leave streaks that way.

Didn't like their anti fog. It leaves streaks/hazing but I haven't noticed any pronounced fogging since applying a few months back. Also haven't had any bad window fogging weather either

Ive been happy with HydrO2 on the glass, helping with water rolling off. Cant say how great it is compared to Rain-x or Aquapel or anything, nor how long it will last, but it has done well over the last few days.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Originally Posted By: Superflop
Rainx seems to shorten wiper life so i stay away..

Nothing shortens wipe life for me more than ice on the glass. When you park outside in Michigan some days you just end up using the wipers and washer fluid to clear it.

I to have noticed if you don't keep up with the rain-x it does cause problems I have heard of aquapel im looking forward to trying it

Originally Posted By: Soak_n_Fused
Ok guys check out this [censored]. to me that stuff would be awesome. but its expensive. and probably only lasts as long as the aquapel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MILxgpU8AQM

Does anyone that uses aquapel notice any window wiper chatter

i have used aquapel and no chatter, but it also depends on your wipers. If you've got cheap wipers they may chatter.
Also, the video is cool, but pretty much every window treatment will do that. It's just a matter of will it do that 3months, 6months down the road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back