Snapper Mower owners Beware chinese parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're talking about this bearing, right? Got this Ninja in Jan of this year. At least up to that time the factory was supplying with the covers.

Not all that impressed with the build quality on this mower.
The cut and mulching ability is great (note the very fine grass clippings on the black components in the pic).
The pieces-parts - not so impressed. Thin metal everywhere. Even the rubber drive wheel assembly in pic above seems to be of overly thinned steel. Bent a cut height adjuster first time I used it. Couldn't believe how thin many pieces are given that this is a near $600 mower.

Originally Posted By: old1
Strange, every bearing on my shelf is like your original bearing, but then they are all aftermarket from Oregon.

who sells an oregon bearing online?
my snapper dealer says they do not stock this bearing so how can I look at it

snapper called me today
said use part number 707608 which they say is "commercial" and is sealed.
I looked that up and got lots of "discontinued" notations.
Maybe I should give up for now

yes 34 is the one.
Maybe some other suppliers spec a closed bearing (the snapper one is open).
I had a small aspirin bottle and cut the bottom off and silicon glued it over the open side of bearing. will see how that lasts

If it's a ball bearing, just take it to an industrial supply parts house and have them measure it and ask for one that is a 2RS design. More than likely they'll have 50+ on a shelf.

The bearing I just received is the same, no dust shield.
So I ordered another one off of bay this time, the picture shows a shield and the Ohio stamping that indicates hopefully that it is an original part.

you can buy that bearing at a lot of places. ace hardware and tractor supply.snapper has used low quality parts for decades and no those bearings do Not GET GREASED.

Personally every time I have gone to a bearing place for a lawn mower bearing I didn't have a lot of luck, as the bearing place only had metric sized parts, and the mower stuff is all inch sized. Try Jacks Small engine parts online for parts, I think they have oregon parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back