Do you like new vehicles styling direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting in or out is another issue, I won't even ride in a friends VW Touareg again what a mess.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, I am very old school, and DO NOT like the new cars. Well, the new (last few years) Mustang isn't to bad. As someone else said I used to be able to tell the make, model, and year of a car at a glance. Now, if I don't see the grill or nameplate, I can't tell a ford from a chevy from a toyota, or a kia or anything else. Personally I think the reason is they all have the same basic shape due to aerodynamics for gas mileage. Can't change the shape to much from certain parameters or you will be out of the optimum zone. So they have to play with weird grilles etc.

tl;dr of this thread:

blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah
dang-rock-n-roll
shaking-their-hips
gosh-darned-crazy-kids
get-off-my-lawn

Originally Posted By: surfstar
tl;dr of this thread:

dang-rock-n-roll
shaking-their-hips
gosh-darned-crazy-kids
get-off-my-lawn

OhzVo.gif

Originally Posted By: shiny
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Big, wide A & C pillars + high belt-line is just dangerous to me. The 98 sled looks like an aquarium in contrast. Just how is that "safer" overall?

This is why cars are starting to come equipped with electronic sensors for parking assist, lane changes and frontal impact. Because nobody can see out of them properly anymore. In a few years we'll probably be driving in completely enclosed pods.

The 2017 Infiniti QX30. Windows as an afterthought:

2017-Infiniti-QX30-Reveal-Los-Angeles-5-610x407.jpg

That car can't be driven in a safe manner without electronic assists.

UGLY UGLY UGLY and way too complicated. I wish I had my 54 Ford with 239 cu. in. romping and stomping Y block V8. That's a joke boy, that's a joke son.

No, dislike high belt lines intensely, along with smaller rear windows. I do not like the most important safety device I have, my peripheral vision limited.

I saw online pics of the new Toyotas, and did not like. In person they are better. But I still don't like.

I also am not a fan of the high beltline nor the blind spots from the pillars. Speaking of which, I have found myself starting to turn the opposite direction at interestings so as to get better visibility. Seems odd, but it helps.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude
I'm over in Europe right now, check out this Citroen Cactus. I love it!

Citroen-C4-Cactus-13.jpg

Please stay there.

Originally Posted By: zach1900

Please stay there.

You don't strike me as a nice person.

I was listening to Michael Berry this morning and he was saying Anerica's Love Affair with the automobile is over because of the way cars' styling has gone. I agree totally.

Everything looks like a Kia or a Fusion,whether it's a $10k throwaway car or a $100k exotic. Like the other poster said,I could tell you make model and year of a car at one time,even at night seeing them off in the distance. I honestly think most of the cosmetic parts used today are all coming from the same batch because they all look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back