Oil choice for 2008 ML-350 SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my mother has this SUV or bought it 2 months ago. Mileage she will put on it is probably 5,000miles year if that. Didn't see owners manual or know so thought I would ask. I'm thinking M1 0w40 and a MANN filter ;-)

Thanks in advance

Yup. M1 0w-40 will fit the bill, as will any other oil meeting the MB 229.5 spec. I'd probably just do annual changes on it, considering the mileage.

You may want to pick up a high quality 'cup' wrench to get to the oil filter. The plastic ones that most local auto part stores sell don't work very well.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yup. M1 0w-40 will fit the bill, as will any other oil meeting the MB 229.5 spec. I'd probably just do annual changes on it, considering the mileage.

+1 I used to have an ML and M1 0W40 w/a Mann filter is the way to go with those cars.

Thanks and I have the tools you mentioned. Getting stepdad a set since he will be doing oil changes more than likely

Thanks guys;-)

Same engine in my E-350. Mine actually has a sticker that says Mobil 1 preferred under the hood. I used Mobil 1 0w40, but Castrol 0w40 is also good. (Pepboys has 5 quarts for $20 with a filter this black Friday).

Thanks for that heads up wolf359 :^). I grabbed some M1 0w40 today while out at a consignment place and stepdad already purchased a MANN filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back