Heads are Rolling at VW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Win
Also interesting, apparently the company line is a couple of rogue engineers did it, he (Mr. Horn) shares the scepticism of his congressional inquisitors about this, and he personally feels he has been deceived. I find that company line hard to believe as well. Actually, I just don't believe it.

I saw some of the testimony and questions. Without getting into politics too much, I find it absolutely astounding that an elected official could keep such a straight face while spewing such hypocritical verbal diarrhoea. What a bunch of posturing, empty-headed buffoons.

19ec324a1c38ae388eb179e81e86e95d335f9aad4b660c707ebf2fc940c5e7a8_1.jpg

rl5hl.jpg

169409_600.jpg

raijs.jpg

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
The grass is always greener on the other side, willyreid...

I will assume you are kidding Jetronic. That or you have absolutely no idea what you are a babbling about. Send your dumb worthless [censored] to even present day East Germany and see you long you last.

Just had to shake my head and chuckle on the "We Get It Volkswagen, You Vape" thing. Even with this situation on emissions that VW got caught on, they were significantly cleaner than anything just 10 years ago. So they didn't meet the almost ridiculously low levels of NOx and such that the EPA likes. The way they have diesels requirements today, the air is just about cleaner out the tailpipe than it was going in the intake. I think diesel engine designers are to be highly commended how they have improved performance and improved fuel economy on modern diesel even meeting the standards that the green nannies have set. Heavy commercial diesels have easily improved fuel economy by 25-30% even while increasing average HP and Torque outputs with larger displacement motors and at the same time meeting current environmental standards.

This is just a shakedown and meant for EPA to flex it's muscles and let everyone know that they are going to snap a knot into anyone who deviates from the party line, and they have to justify their budget so they can negotiate for more taxpayer money to extend their tentacles even further into people's lives. They were spending a lot of time taking Navistar to the woodshed over the Maxxforce engine. Now that they got their pound of flesh from them, it was time to go after someone else. VW was the next OEM to cross the bridge and be grabbed up by the EPA. Wonder who will be next.

Originally Posted By: willyreid
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
The grass is always greener on the other side, willyreid...

I will assume you are kidding Jetronic. That or you have absolutely no idea what you are a babbling about. Send your dumb worthless [censored] to even present day East Germany and see you long you last.

Once I'm there (or whoever your reply was originally intended for) I'm sure the grass will be greener on this side...

People are fickle, we can't get what we want because what we want changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back