Milton air fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a few comments on Milton air fittings on BITOG and how much better they are. Can anyone expand on this?

It would seem if you want superior air flow go with 1/2" hose and 1/2" fittings.

Most people are using 3/8" hose which has 1/4" threaded ends, so they use 1/4" fittings.

Last edited:
The fitting itself is the same size, but the inside diameter is larger allowing more cfm. Impact wrenches and sprayers benefit. I hope that makes sense.

Milton fitting are American made. I have them in my garage and that's what UPS uses where I work as a semi mechanic. We have two airlines at work. The large 1/2" fitting is used for the tire impact wrench.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Milton fitting are American made. I have them in my garage and that's what UPS uses where I work as a semi mechanic. We have two airlines at work. The large 1/2" fitting is used for the tire impact wrench.

Me too - I use Milton because it is made here.

My guess is the restriction many air fittings has is not the ID of the fitting, but the valve in the female that gets pushed open when you insert a male fitting.

Originally Posted By: cat843
Are we talking any Milton fitting or the V style high flow??

The V style. Those do make a noticeable difference for air tools that need a lot of air.

Make sure to do all the fittings on the compressor, hose ends, and tools that need it. Having a high-flow fitting on just the end of the hose won't do anything.

Good point! Also try to use large diameter pipe and hose from the compressor and use oilers and filters that have large diameter inlet/outlets.
One undersized component will cut down the flow in the whole system. If using black iron pipe use external elbows not the internals, the I.D. on those drops dramatically.

Originally Posted By: cat843
I ordered the Milton high-flo connectors from Amazon.

If you have a Car Quest nearby, check there next time. The one nearby me has V-style (and other Milton connectors) for much cheaper than resellers on Amazon. Like $3 for a 2-pack of male-male or female-male connectors instead of $8 that some folks want on Amazon.

HF industrial connectors will work with the V-style ends. They'll also leak. No leaks yet with the V-style stuff when used together.

One nice thing about the Milton V-style fitting is you can push the two fittings together and they will engage. No pulling on the retainer to engage, only to disengage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back