How much do Dealer Service Writers and Parts guys make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose your at a high sales/volume dealership (4-6$ million/yr)

How much can those Service Writers make?

What about Parts counter guys?

Just curious-

The can never pay those service writers enough. I know I would not want to stand there and deal with dumb-*** owners tortured logic and endure their infantile fits.
banghead.gif
Parts guys are cool and are the BEST source of info on your car.
cool.gif

Ya, I know this may be a dumb plan but here is my deal.

I work part time (1-2x/week) as a service writer for Sears.

For a student job I can not complain pay wise...all this knowledge ive gained from bitog.com has propelled me to one of the top sales guys in the entire company.

However, customer a good mix between reasonable ppl and those that should have thier vehicles confiscated for abusive maintence/lack of social courtesy.

Once I graduate i would like to work 1 year save the dough and move on to med school.

Unfortunately my major only allows for grad school and no real jobs....shame I am not engineeer, nurse, or business man
frown.gif

So if this gig can make me 30-40k why not?

Just want to know what I am getting into.

I work as a "parts consultant" at a Saturn dealership here in Richmond. Depending on experience, the going rate for parts guys in this area is from $25K to $34K a year, managers making slightly more.

I dont know how much they make, but my experiences with dealer service writers and parts people are night and day.

Service writers are obviously on commission and dont seem to really know much about the cars and trucks, just selling. The ones at the local Sears do seem better than average for that type of place.

All of the dealer parts people around here are super. They know the product and will take the time to research something that they do not know. This applies to high end, BMW and low end, Ford or Dodge, equally.

Outrun ,if you want to get into medicine why not try to get a job that has to do with medicine. A letter may help getting into school.

Outrun,

Instead of medical school, get a nursing degree and work a few then apply for nurse anesthetist school. You will earn as much as a doctor (maybe more)and don't have the hassles of being one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back