5w20 motor oil choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I have a 2006 Acura tl with a 100,000 miles and i would like to know what is a reasonably priced full synthetic, synthetic blend or dino motor oil? Thank's.

Not being snarky, but just go to Walmart and work your way down the line. When the price stops being reasonable between the three types, pick that one.

The synthetics and some of the blends have mfg rebates in play right now. That effectively prices the synthetics at about the same price (or less) than the dino. This happens a couple of times per year. You can buy great oils at some point during the year for $2 to $3/qt net. Considering rebates, I'd say a 5 qt jug in the $10-$17 price range after rebate is reasonable.

The motorcraft 5w20 blend looks good or the qsud full synthetic oil, I think i'll take a trip to walmart after work and go from there.

Castrol GTX Magnatec $18
Supertech....................$17
Quaker State UD..........$21

Walmart prices.

A few weeks ago I bought a 5 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 for 22.68, Pennzoil has a $10.00 mail in rebate going right now until the end of November so when that comes in I'll be into it for 12.68. I know some don't want to bother with those rebates, but I've never had an issue getting them and I'm happy to get good oil for such a good price.

The Pennzoil Platinum at Walmart with mail in rebate is a great deal. You can make it better using ibotta. https://ibotta.com/

It's kind of like a rebate, but it's nearly instant and you can cash out by paypal. Ibotta usually has great grocery deals, but this month they have $5 back for the Pennozil Platinum at Walmart. So that makes the price ~$8 for a 5 quart jug after rebate.

Mobil 1, Amsoil, SynPower, Pennzoil Platinum, there are many more.
Mobil Super 5000 is a good conventional at a low cost.

Originally Posted By: brian_06328
A few weeks ago I bought a 5 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 for 22.68, Pennzoil has a $10.00 mail in rebate going right now until the end of November so when that comes in I'll be into it for 12.68. I know some don't want to bother with those rebates, but I've never had an issue getting them and I'm happy to get good oil for such a good price.

Kmart had a blow-out this summer...all flavors of PP jugs for $14 and less, out the door no rebate needed....got 4 jugs of 5w-30 and 1 jug 5w-20, all for $14...

Last edited:
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic is on rollback at Walmart for about $22/5 qt jug right now. The best priced synthetic otherwise seems to be Quaker State Ultimate Durability at around $20-$21/5 qt jug. Good quality oil for the price.

Synthetic blend, Pennzoil Gold but it's extremely hard to find in 5W-20. Motorcraft synthetic blend is probably your best option. Made for Fords but works very well in others too.

Conventional, I'd use Valvoline, Pennzoil or Mobil Super 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back