So, why don't you guys like Lucas UCL in the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
My CEL goes away when I have Lucas in the tank, so I know that it does something, just not sure what...
27.gif

Probably a sticking injector, getting out of lean fuel trims... A weak coil mag field, from high resistance wire, maybe. Measure resistance between contacts at injectors to see if it is in spec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Polyisobutenes are used to assist fuel atomization.

PEA are used as combustion chamber deposit cleaners.

Two different chemicals, two different actions.

Quote:
Quieted a noisy fuel pump.
Quote:
Quote:

First, how do hear a noisy fuel pump and secondly, fuel pump bearings are sealed units.

So as you know, PIB, the dispersant, helps on fuel droplets size decrease. Why dont you see enhancement on oil mixed with fuel, from that? I know you cant see UEL as most do, but fuel atomization in a injector system is case for better efficiency, hands down!

Originally Posted By: Pontual

So as you know, PIB, the dispersant, helps on fuel droplets size decrease.

Right, as I said it assists "fuel atomization" post #3917941, or didn't you get the notice?

And for your information, this PIB is not a dispersant, it is a PIB of specific molecular weight that is dissolved into the fuel or fuel additive. I know, I have developed fuel additives that included PIB's and other chemistry's.

Why dont you see enhancement on oil mixed with fuel, from that?

I have no idea what you are referring to here.

I know you cant see UEL as most do, but fuel atomization in a injector system is case for better efficiency, hands down!

Who is most, and what exactly are you referring to here. What is a UEL?

As I said above it assists "fuel atomization" post #3917941, or didn't you get the notice?

And for your information, this PIB is not a dispersant, it is a PIB of specific molecular weight that is dissolved into the fuel or fuel additive. I know, I have developed fuel additives that included PIB's and other chemistry's.

Last edited:

I wish I could have warned you off of that line of questioning.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

I wish I could have warned you off of that line of questioning.
wink.gif

Yes, I think it is better for me to refrain doing such lines...
He doesnt understand my really bad expressions ,)

Last edited:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

First, how do hear a noisy fuel pump and secondly, fuel pump bearings are sealed units.

Has anyone asked the $64,000 question before?

What additives contain the polyisobutenes that are good for fuel atomization?

Originally Posted By: Superflop
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
A little Lucas fuel treatment keeps the floats on my bike's Bing carbs from sticking, thus avoiding the dreaded "Bingfoot". It's the only use I can justify for the stuff. Makes the petcock work smoothly as well and coats the inside of the tank for storage.
i put tcw3 in my bike. Its got 4 finicky hitachi carbs.
I should try that, it will probably do the same thing and be cheaper.

I always wonder why everything here always needs an explanation.

Mechanical fuel pump had less noise. Not sure what was binding/clacking/clicking since I didn't take it apart. Check valve or piston noise/wear....!
The noise was from the electric motor was most likely from the load on it. So, that sealed bearing became more quiet. Ever see the guts of different types of in tank fuel pumps? Or make the parts that are used to make that pump? I have. I myself do like the grinding stack diffuser impeller design that do not need a real after pump fuel filter. And I hate the tolerance level on fuel pump parts. But, they work, some almost forever and others not so long.

Most people are to deaf to notice the mechanical symphony that plays in a vehicle. So sad.

Real question is, what does Lucas put in the bottle to clean, lubricate, ...?

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Has anyone asked the $64,000 question before?

What additives contain the polyisobutenes that are good for fuel atomization?

HMWPIB - high molecular weight polyisobutylene

Viscon. Marketed to diesels, though. I only tried it once, would like to find it closer to me for more trials, though. It was some stringy stuff!

Back when I had my Mazda and had tons of spreadsheet data on mpg, I posted this: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=303103

Looks like whatever hosting site is no longer around and the excel spreadsheet snapshots are gone, but the info is still in there. Probably not statistically significant to 95%, but it was a solid trend. The tanks with FP60 and UCL averaged higher mpg vs no treatment. That car turned much more consistent mpg numbers tank to tank vs my cars today, and was a better platform for testing.

thanks surfstar,

i found the viscon threads and am also hoping to find some for my trials.....seems that they only sell in California. When I go for my annual trip to Texas(visit aging parent) I will stop at a few truck stops and look for it.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Well, I use it mixed 50/50 with MMO during winter months. Without it the tip of the exhaust pipe gets a bit sooty, but when I use it in gas, there is zero soot.

Have you tried Lucas UCL or MMO by themselves?

What ratio of each are you using?

Originally Posted By: jmaster
Originally Posted By: cat843
No Lucas anything.

what about lucas slick mist spray wax?
grin.gif

Love Slick Mist
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Well, I use it mixed 50/50 with MMO during winter months. Without it the tip of the exhaust pipe gets a bit sooty, but when I use it in gas, there is zero soot.

Have you tried Lucas UCL or MMO by themselves?

What ratio of each are you using?

Yes, I first used Lucas UCL and that's when I noticed the exhaust pipe getting cleaned from soot. Then I got my hands on MMO and used that by itself for a while. Now I mix Lucas UCL and MMO 50/50 mainly because I can get UCL at any truck stop for a decent price, but MMO is harder to find. I mix the two so that my stash of MMO lasts longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back